Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
City of Portland Parks and Recreation Department2000 Billy G. Webb Drive Portland, TX 78374
We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Saturday, December 28, 2019.
Portland Farmers Market, Vendor Rules
The Farmers Market in Portland is a city-owned and operated facility. The Farmers Market gives our community an opportunity to purchase fresh produce and other homemade goods and crafts. Our Farmers Market is the first Saturday of every month.
Application Deadline: All payments are due the Thursday before the market.
1 All vendors must complete and submit a Vendor Application with includes acceptance of the Farmers Market rules and regulations and adhere to related governmental rules and permit requirements.
. Booth payment is accepted online www.portlandtx.com or at the Portland Community Center Front Desk.
3. Required applications, permits, licenses and fees must be complete before vendors will be allowed to participate in the market.
4. All items to be sold must be homegrown or homemade. No resell items are allowed.
5. No marketing or online items can be sold or solicited at the market.
6. The Farmers Market and immediate vicinity is a ?Family Friendly? area and all are expected to act appropriately. Items for sale must be appropriate for a family environment. Items of sexual nature, crude, vulgar, profanity or portraying violence are prohibited.
7. The Parks & Recreation Director will review items for sale, if any do not meet the said regulations vendor will be asked to remove those from their inventory for this market. All items for sale must be included in the vendor application for approval.
8. Booth size is 10 X 10, if vendor wants more space additional booth space can be purchased.
9. All vendors must display a sign in their assigned area clearly identifying the name of the vendor and their location (county or city). Other information such as telephone number/website may be included.
10. Vendors must provide their own table and chairs.
11. Electricity is not available, but vendors can bring small portable generators.
12. Vendors can begin set up at early at 7:30AM the day of the Farmers Market.
13. Vendor must operate booth for the duration of the market, 9:00AM-1:00PM. Please be set up and open for business by 9am when the Farmers Market opens.
14. All vendors must comply and meet all required health requirements in San Patricio County.
15. Food and food products produced by ?Cottage Food Producers? may be sold at the Farmers Market pursuant to the rules and regulations established by the State of Texas Department of Health.
16. Vendors must supply all materials and containers for customer sales. Vendors also must clean up booth area and throw out trash in proper containers on site.
17. Vendors are required to wear shoes and shirts always. Vendors should present a professional appearance.
18. Vendors may not smoke in any market area. This is a smoke free event.
19. Foul language, profanity or other rude behavior is not permitted.
20. Possession or consumption of alcohol or drugs is not allowed, those in violation will be removed from area and no longer a vendor at our market.
21. Vendors are responsible for obtaining a Sales Tax Number if required by State of Texas and collecting and paying any sales tax that may be assessed on their products. The City of Portland Farmers Market will not involve itself in collection, audit or other related sales tax activities. Contact the Texas Comptroller?s office for more information.