Welcome to the Challenge Wales Trail Running Experience, presented by Faye Johnson & Adam Newton.
Our mission is to up your running game – building confidence through making and keeping running fun. When you love what you are doing you will perform better and do it more! That's got to be a good thing, right? :)
This is the perfect opportunity for both seasoned and aspiring trail runners to have an exclusive opportunity to run with world-class athletes and coaches in the world-class destination of Afan forest park!
This camp is perfect for trail running enthusiasts looking to up their game and learn more about trail running techniques and attitude.This camp will be split over two days. Introduction to trail running, the gear as well as navigation and safety tips for the more intermediate runners.
Event details and schedule
- Itinerary Day 1. Introduction to Trail Running.
- 9.00am - Arrivals at The Lodge. Tea and coffee served.
- 9.30am - Introduction to Challenge Wales Trail running experience. Some history about Afan forest. (Our individual introductions )
- 10.00am - What is trail running? Why trail run?
- 10.15am - Trail running footwear, and gear. Q&A
- 11am - Coffee/tea break. Change into run gear if needed
- 11.20am - Trail running skills/technique/etiquette (Emphasis on footwork, body position, core strength, running with others.)
- 12.30pm - Runners friendly lunch at the Lodge.
- 1.30pm - Training for your first trail running event.
- 2.15pm - Group run.
- 3.45pm - Yoga and stretch session.
- 4.30pm - End of day. Relax, socialise.
- 6.00 - Dinner at the Lodge.
Keep Active Swansea Ltd