This event is held at the Sly Park Recreation Area in Pollock Pines, and it’s held under special use permit with the El Dorado National Forest. The course follows the trails surrounding Jenkinson Lake through endless pine trees and one of the best-kept secrets in the Northern California Sierra.
Most of the trails are single track with gently rolling hills, and other parts are flat and wide. Small portions of the course are on pavement. All of the races start with an easy quarter-mile downhill on a gravel road followed by a very steep quarter-mile climb on a single track trail. After the first half-mile, the trails are relatively flat as they follow near the shore of Jenkinson Lake in a counterclockwise direction.
There are some technical sections with plenty of rocks and roots.
Run around Sly Park Lake and it is a challenging course but no big climbs or long downhills.
Event details and schedule
Event details and schedule
THIS IS A LIMITED CAPACITY EVENT.
ADDITIONAL RACE INFORMATION --> https://tctruns.com/2021/04/07/trail-run-at-sly-park-11-20-2021/
6:45 AM — Event center opens
7:00 AM — Registration opens
7:45 AM — Trail briefing
8:00 AM — Start of all races (Staggered Start)
Sly Park Recreation Area
4771 Sly Park Rd.
Pollock Pines, CA
Distances Include 50K, Marathon, 18 miles, 13.1 miles, 8.5 miles, 10K and 5K.
5K - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/879582
10K - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/879583
8.5M - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/905612
Half Marathon -https://www.plotaroute.com/route/905595
18M - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/905594
Trail Marathon - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1047942
50K Ultra - https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1047947
All runners receive a medal for finishing the race.
There will be two fully-stocked aid stations around the lake and there are bathrooms at the event center, which is located at the Start/Finish line.
Parking is free but carpooling is strongly encouraged.
Most of the trails are single track with gently rolling hills, and other parts are flat and wide. Small portions of the course are on pavement. There are some technical sections with plenty of rocks and roots.
From Highway 50, take the Sly Park Rd exit (Exit 60). Go south on Sly Park Rd for about five miles, and turn left on Mormon Emigrant Trail. After passing over a small dam and spillway, there will be two driveways on the left side of the road. Turn into the second driveway leading to the event center and park in the gravel lot. A sign will be posted.
Race registration and check-in is located inside the event center.
The start/finish area is located across Mormon Emigrant Trail from the event center and down a gravel road a little bit. Bathrooms are available at the event center and along the course in the campground areas.
COVID-19 MITIGATION PLAN
RACE SUBJECT TO CA GOVERNMENT COVID-19 PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS.
PLEASE REVIEW OUR COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES BEFORE REGISTRATION.
COVID – 19 Mitigation Plan
Covid-19 prevention plan is subject to change and updates. Please continue to check our homepage for race day updates and covid19.ca.gov for additional protocols and updates.
• Each runner must conduct a self-screening test before the race.
• 90 participants across both distances and staggered start
• If you have tested positive or been in contact with someone that tested positive within 14 days of race day, we ask you to stay home.
• If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
• All runners must wear a face mask at all times, EXCEPT while running the race, however we also ask that you carry a face mask on your person throughout the race in case of crossing paths.
• Aid stations will consist of minimal, already packed items, no communal items or hands on the table. Please respect the volunteers, staff, and other participants.
• Each race will stagger starts in small groups of 3-5 people. Face coverings, social distancing and temperature checks will be required to participate.
• Runners are highly encouraged to prepare their own nutrition packs. Drop-bag services to aid stations will be available.
• No spectators at the event, Teams may assist with drop bag locations, refer to maps for drop bag / aid station locations.
• Please be prepared to social distance.