ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 8PM TONIGHT, PLEASE REGISTER ON-SITE STARTING AT 6AM SATURDAY. THANK YOU!
The 27th Annual Collin Classic Bike Rally is the premier cycling event of North Texas! The 17 mile route is great for casual riders and the 62 mile route will appeal to the more experienced participants. Join us as we begin at Oak Point Park off Spring Creek Parkway and head east. The ride will take you over Lake Lavon Dam which is normally closed to the public. We’ve improved the longer routes over 2017 as well as the rest stops. The Riders Village will have more live entertainment this year and, of course, food and beverages. This bike rally has options for riders of all experience levels, and fun for the whole family. Come join us on Saturday, June 16, 2018! The ride will start at 8AM. Packet Pickup Dates/Locations - HERE!
The Collin Classic team is excited to launch our fundraising opportunity in support of Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County you can help raise funds for youth in Collin County by:
Create or Join a Team
- Teams of 10+ has access to VIP Tent
- Largest 3 teams get on-stage recognition, social and BGCCC newsletter recognition, and team banner.
- Includes: registration, event jersey, platinum parking, and access to VIP Tent.
- On sale for $65 (example is coming soon). Cut-off deadline to have the jersey before the event is May 1st. Orders after that date will receive jersey after the event and will have an additional $7.50 shipping fee.
The best part of the ride is the cause it funds, as 100% of the proceeds benefit BGCCC. With growth of over 20% this past year, this event helps the BGCCC to support more children with programs that help make life changing decisions. BGCCC has over 3,000 children in our after school and summer programs and with outreach programs, we impact the lives of over 9,300 annually. Our clubs concentrate on three core areas of academic and career programs, development of character and leadership skills and health and life skills.
About the Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County (BGCCC) has been meeting the needs of children in Collin County since 1968. The BGCCC's mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. The organization currently serves over 9,300 children through its after-school, summer and outreach programs. BGCCC currently provides transportation from 69 Collin County schools and 6 community locations to its branches in McKinney, Frisco and Plano as well as an extension site at Shepton High School in West Plano.
Event details and schedule
The 2018 Collin Classic offers open-road routes from 17, 30, 38, 47, and 62 miles in length. Throughout each route, riders enjoyed fully-stocked rest stops and a variety of cyclist support services including law enforcement, professional medical services, SAG vehicles, roving bike mechanics, and ride guides. Get routes HERE.
Your Registration Fee gives you so much more than just a bike ride:
- Race Entry and Race Bib
2018 Collin Classic Bike Rally T-Shirt (1st 1,500 riders are guaranteed)
Snacks and Drinks at multiple rest stops
- Complimentary parking is available for all riders, but you can also upgrade to VIP Parking at Riders Village for just $25.
- A post-ride concert, playing fantastic music you can sit back and relax after the ride.
- Complimentary food for all riders, and for purchase as well (for non-riders). Water and other select beverages will also be on hand.
- Beer will be available for sale on-site.
- 100% of the proceeds from the Collin Classic go to help Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County
- All routes start and finish at Oak Point Park, Spring Creek at Jupiter Road in Plano. Rides commence by distance and 62-milers leave at 8AM.
- We are proud to have medical staff at Rider’s Village and every Rest Stop and HAM operators on the course connected to a Mobile Incident Command Post ensuring we can provide our riders with a safe ride and fast assistance when needed.
- SAG vehicles will be patrolling the routes. If you need a SAG ride to the next break point or to the finish, get off your bike and get off the roadway, call the number on the map to request the SAG and give them your location. Take off your helmet and hold it up in the air when the vehicle approaches.
- Bike mechanics will be patrolling the routes. If you have a breakdown, call the number on the map and indicate your location. This service is provided by our local bike shops. Please show your appreciation for their services.
- Ride Guides will be riding their bicycles in support of the cyclists. They can help you fix a flat tire, make minor adjustments to your bike, and help you get SAG and mechanical help. Please follow their instructions for riding safely and courteously.
- Key intersections and corners will have Plano or Wylie Police, County Sheriffs or Corner Marshals stationed to help you across busy intersections and to stay on course. Please watch for their directional signals and listen for their command.
- Packet pick-up and parking information available soon.
“ACTIVE offers registration protection through Booking Protect in case of injury, illness, etc. If you purchased Booking Protect and need to file a claim, login to https://bookingprotect.com/refund/ with the email and password you used to register for the event. If you accidentally purchased Booking Protect within the past 14 days and would like to cancel your coverage, visit https://bookingprotect.com/contact-us/ to do so.”
Boys & Girls Clubs of Collin County