Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
School of Social Work Continuing EducationUniversity of Pittsburgh 2117 Cathedral of Learning Pittsburgh, PA 15260
This workshop is closed to further registration.Training DescriptionThis training is full of interventions and protocols that you can immediately implement to augment your work when treating survivors of trauma. This course is offered in a “hands on” format of learning.During this training you will learn how to explain the symptoms of traumatic stress to your clients in a way that helps make “good sense” of their experiences and maximizes their participation in the healing process. You will learn skills for helping trauma survivors find and develop internal resources to stabilize and to self-regulate.Developing and implementing these skills helps to reduce clientIn this workshop we present working knowledge of the Gestalt physical process and Brennan Healing Science. We will provide a way of assessing trauma through the lens of physical process and energy work. This workshop utilizes lecture, discussion, and hands on experiential to help facilitate the learning for each participant. The workshop provides useful skills and tools to work with trauma by using body and energy focused techniques.
Participants of this training will learn:
- How to explain trauma and traumatic stress to clients as an integral part of treatment.
- Basic understanding of Gestalt physical process and Brennan Healing Science.
- How to asses for trauma using physical process and energy.
- Self-Regulation techniques through hands-on learning.
- Techniques for addressing somatic symptoms of traumatic stress.
- How therapeutic relationships in energy work and physical process increase awareness of traumatic work and healing.
- About traumatic growth and resiliency.
2017 Cathedral of Learning