Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
School of Social Work Continuing EducationUniversity of Pittsburgh 2117 Cathedral of Learning Pittsburgh, PA 15260
This workshop is closed to further registration.Training Description The Clinical Supervision Institute will address issues relevant for those seeking supervision for advanced clinical licensure and those seeking to provide such supervision. This two-day institute will address the following issues through lecture, discussion and role plays. Pennsylvania licensing regulations along with the contractual relationship between supervisee & supervisor will be covered. Agency-based, private supervision and agency issues with private external supervision will be covered. The presentation will cover a broad range of supervision methods and styles as well as address the differences between clinical and administrative supervision. The general and specific purposes of supervision will be reviewed including suggestions on how to identify a good supervisor and to assess oneself as a good supervisor. Liability issues will be discussed, including how to handle risk to your license and vicarious liability.
- Participants will learn about Pennsylvania licensing regulations.
- Contractual relationship between supervisee & supervisor: Both agency-based and private supervision will be addressed as well as agency issues with private external supervision.
- A variety of supervision methods and styles will be discussed.
- Attendees will know the differences between clinical and administrative supervision.
- The general and specific purposes of supervision will be reviewed.
- Participants will learn how to identify a good supervisor and to assess their own supervisory strengths and weaknesses.
- Liability issues will be discussed, such as: How to handle risk to your license Vicarious liability.
- Participants will role model supervision sessions.
2017 Cathedral of Learning (Friday) 352 Cathedral of Learning (Sat)