ATTENTION SOUTH FLORIDA!
Mark your calendar for South Florida's — inaugural TEAL 5K RUN/ FUN WALK™ - Strides Against Ovarian & Gynecologic Cancer, on Saturday, September 24th, 2016 at C. B. Smith Park in Pembroke Pines. This event offers participants a family fun-filled day celebrating the National Ovarian & Gynecologic Cancer Month, honoring South Florida's gynecologic cancer survivors and fighters, raising awareness and critical funding to support the life-changing Kindah Foundation: awareness programs, education, Teal Teen Project™, cancer research, advocate resource services, SCOS support group, and the mission to ensure that no woman faces cancer alone.
Registration is now closed, but you can still support the walk by making a donation through September 30, 2016, or you come out and join us.
The event will feature a FREE public Health Fair, Family Fun Day, and a post-race celebration party that includes award presentation for the top runners, raffle giveaways, silent auction, refreshment, DJ's, activities (dominoes games, face painting, bounce house, rock climbing, card games & etc.), health booth, wellness booth, yoga, and more. All runners/walkers will receive a finisher medal.
Admission to the Teal 5K Run/ Fun Walk™ celebration, Health Fair & Family Fun Day is open to the public, but we encourage participants to register for the 5K Run/Fun Walk or donate generously to support the cause. Kids 10 & under Run/Walk for FREE.
The pre-race day entrance fee is $25 per person and $35 per person on race day. Early 5K race packet pick-up can be done in-person on Saturday, September 23rd at the Runner's Depot locations Davie from 12 noon – 6:00 p.m.
All registered participants are encouraged to:
- Create a personalized fundraising page and share it with their friends and family
- Form a team, bringing together friends and family members to challenge themselves to complete the course and to raise additional funds toward Teal 5K Run/Fun Walk’ cancer
There is no minimum number of registrants and no fundraising obligation to form a team. Teams of 5 members or more and/or teams who raise a minimum of $250 receive additional benefits. If you would like to register a team, but don’t know who will be on your team yet, no problem!
Register using the Create a Team option and register only yourself. Once you know who you’d like to add to your team, you can send out a registration link with your team name to potential team members.
The team registered race participants receive 10% discount.
Invite your friends, co-workers, and family to walk, run, stroll with you and support a great cause!
Walk. Run. Stroll. End gynecologic cancer.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
Baby Strollers, leashed dogs and wheelchairs WELCOME!
Please come out and support a great cause and help us spread the word — invite your friends and family!!
Enjoy a day with the whole family!
We thank and wish all that participate good luck in the upcoming race!
RACE DATE: Saturday, September 24, 2016 rain or shine
- Late Packet Pick-Up/ Check-In Open 6:30 am
- Opening Ceremony: 7:30 am
- 5K Run/ Warm-Up: 7:45 am
- Cancer Survivor Lap: 8:00 am
- 5k Run/Walk Start: (Chip Time) 8:15 am
- Awards Presentation: 9:00 am
- Survivor Celebration: 9:30 am
- Health Fair & Family Fun Day 9:40 am - 1:00pm
5K WALK/RUN MALE / FEMALE AGE DIVISIONS
Trophies will be awarded to the top male and female finishers and to the top three finishers in each age bracket except 12 & under. All participants 12 & under will receive a special certificate. Awards will be distributed following the 5K run/ fun walk.
5K WALK/ FUN RUN MALE / FEMALE AGE DIVISIONS
- 15 & under 15 & under
- 16 - 19 16 - 19
- 20-29 20-29
- 30-39 30-39
- 40-49 40-49
- 50-59 50-59
- 60-69 60-69
- 70 & over 70 & over
Everyone registered 5K run/walk participant will receive custom finisher medals
Certified Race Course. The race will be timed using RFID Race Chip Timing System. 5K race participants not wearing their assigned Tag on their race number will not be timed or scored in the results. ed registrations
- Admission into TEAL 5K RUN / FUN WALK
- 5K Chip timing
- “Teal 5K” style shirt (for the first 200 runners only)
- TEAL 5K finisher medals at the finish line
- Water, drinks for each runner (21+ only for alcoholic beverages)
- Food, snacks, refreshment etc. (while supplies last)
- Discount ticket options for all the racer’s fans to our other events. (Receive by email ONLY)
- Custom Trophies to the top winners
- Admission into FREE Health Fair & Family Fun Day
- Start / Finish
- Just past the 1- mile mark
- Just past the 2-mile mark
- Attend the FREE HEALTH FAIR & FAMILY FUN DAY
- Attend the award presentation and/or post-race celebration party
- You can make a donation to the cause or on behalf of love one
- Sponsor a runner or Contribute to a team
- Help to raise funds to support the race (Teal 5K Run/ Fun Walk)
- Become a Vendor or an In-Kind Sponsor
- Sign up as a Volunteer
Postmarked/drop off by Wednesday, 9/14/2016 @4:30pm ~ Checks made payable to Kindah Foundation, Inc.
Mailing address: 515 E. Las Olas Blvd, Suite #120, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
***Register before 9/14/2016 to get a Teal 5K RUN/ FUN WALK Run shirt.***
A special shirt for Gynecologic Cancer survivors!
BREAK THE SILENCE NOW!
Together, we celebrate survivors, honor loved ones and raise awareness.
All proceeds from this event will go to benefit Kindah Foundation a 501(c) (3) organization passionate about breaking educational barriers, and eradicate health disparities related to cervical and ovarian cancer one female at a time.
Thank you for participating in the 2016 TEAL 5K RUN/FUN WALK
Event details and schedule
Race Day Morning/Late Pick-Up – beginning 6:30AM to 7:30AM
BEFORE RACE DAY PICKUP:
Early race packet pick-up can be done in-person on Friday, September 23rd at Runner's Depot Davie, Florida from 12 noon – 6:00 p.m. For store address please click here: > Runner's Depot Location
PACKET PICK UP:
Please bring picture ID with you for packet pick up. If someone is picking your packet up for you, please make sure they have a copy of your ID to Kindah Foundation staff member at the pick-up session.
TEAM PACKET PICK UP:
If you are picking up for a team, please email us to let us know so that we have your packets ready for you. Team Leader only needs show ID.
Packets can also be picked up on the day of the Run/Walk from 6:30AM to 7:30AM. All packets must be picked up at early pick-up or on the morning of the race.
Packets will not be mailed.
KINDAH FOUNDATION, INC.