This is the 3rd annual BCC 5K Color Trail Run. This event is held on one of the most beautiful trails in Alabama's largest state park. All proceeds go directly to Backwoods Christian Camp and help provide scholarships for kids to be able to attend camp each summer. This year we will also have a 1 mile fun run for children ages 10 and under (children may still choose to run in the 5K, instead). There will be face painting, inflatables, and lots of fun for the whole family! Non-participant wristbands are available for purchase for entry into the inflatables and face painting.
Event details and schedule
Need to know:
Park entrance fee:
- $5 per Adult (age 12+)
- $2 per Child (age 4 to 11)
- $2 per Senior (age 62+)
- Free for ages 3 & under
- There will be signs directing you to registration the morning of the event. Signs will be set up from both entrances to the park.
- Check in at the Red Bud Pavilon beside the BMX track
- 8:00-8:45 am Registration
- 8:50 am Opening Ceremonies
- 9:00 am BCC 5K run begins!
- 9:15am BCC 1 mile fun run begins!
- Included in registration is face painting, inflatables, and fun!
- There will be refreshments available for purchase.
- Park entrance fees are good for the entire day, so you can stay after the race and enjoy Oak Mountain State Park!
What to wear:
- You will be getting color powder on you during the run (non-toxic, washable). If you pre-register by March 28th, you will be guaranteed a BCC Color Trail Run tshirt. If you do not pre-register, you may bring your own white shirt to wear so the colors show up.
Backwoods Christian Camp