The ninth annual North Shore Bike Tour is here! Last year was an incredible success with over 500 riders participating! Come join us and raise awareness for Organ donation & transplantation on a beautiful ride down the scenic north fork of Long Island out to Orient point! Cyclists of all levels of experience are encouraged to ride with us and help our efforts to raise awareness for organ donation!
Course: Riders will enjoy a 35 mile (or 17.5 mile) out and back trip starting from Ospreys Dominion Vineyard to Orient point and back with full bike support and facilities along the way. This event was founded by John Acquaro, an avid cyclist and recent heart transplant recipient as a way to honor his donor, raise money and raise awareness for organ donation!
****The proceeds of the event will benefit the New York Organ Donor Network and help to raise awareness for organ donation! $5 of each registration will go towards The Bryana Grier Scholarship Fund. Shakonna Grier gave life to two people when she passed, her first child Bryana and John Acquaro who received his heart transplant from her. As a way to give back for this gift of life, we have created this scholarship fund in her daughter's honor. Any additional contributions are greatly appreciated and will be accepted at registration.****
- Ample parking at the Vineyard, all racers must be at the start by 8:45 AM.
- After the ride there will be free food, live music, giveaways and wine tasting at Ospreys Dominion as well as discounted prices on wine bottles for riders!
- Bike support will be provided throughout the course by Suffolk Pro Cycle which can be located at www.suffolkprocycle.com. They are also offering free safety inspections, as well as $30 express tune-ups and $50 complete tune ups at their shop at 1024 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma New York.
- Bike rental for those who wish to particpate however do not own a bike will be provided by Dan's Bike Rental. Please visit www.greenportbikerental.com or E-mail dan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ride will begin promptly at 9:00 AM with packet pickup and number assignment beginning at 7:00 AM the morning of the race
- Day of registration will be $50 per rider regardless of distance, so please try to register early and online!
Finally, this year we have added a team component, in which you can start your own team with friends and family, as well as our fundraising option to the event. We recommend that you try to raise $100 each with our fundraising system, however FUNDRAISING IS NOT MANDATORY FOR RACE ENTRY! Prizes will be given away to the top fundraisers!
Event details and schedule
Packet Pick Up/Registration: 7:00 AM
Ride Start Time: 9:00 AM
After Party at Osprey's Dominion Vineyard: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM