This activity is closed to further registration.
Preschool Level 3 swimming lessons will build upon skills learned in previous levels. Participants will focus on floating techniques, pushing off the floor/wall and expand on their basic swimming skills.
Small group lessons are structured the same as traditional group lessons. However, these lessons have a ratio of one instructor to three participants (1:3). They are smaller groups, thus more individualized attention for swimmers.
Level of Instruction: Advanced Beginner. At this level, swimmers are not ready to be in the water independently but do have a strong foundation of swimming fundamentals.
Skills/Fundamentals Learned: All skills are performed independently.
- Pushing off the bottom and moving into a treading or floating position for 15 seconds, swimming on front and/or back for five body lengths and then exiting the water
- Floating on back for 15 seconds, rolling to front, then recovering to a vertical position
- Pushing off wall and swimming using combined arm and leg actions to swim on front for five body lengths, rolling to back, floating for 15 seconds, rolling to front then continuing to swim for five body lengths
Contact Hannah Quaney at email@example.com for more information.
Instructor: This class is taught by an American Red Cross Certified Water Safety Instructor.
Registration Instructions: At the end of each swimming lesson session, participants will receive a progress report. This progress report will indicate which level to register for next, as well as skills that were accomplished and skills that need improvement. Class Requirements: Equipment: All equipment is provided. Skip Dates:
- Swim Lessons: Sm Group Preschool 3 (3-5 yrs) PRC - Su - Aug
- Swim Lessons: Sm Group Preschool 3 (3-5 yrs) PRC - Su - June
- Swim Lessons: Sm Group Preschool 3 (3-5 yrs) PRC - Su - May