We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
BOOM Basketball is designed for ages 4 to 6 year olds. Coaches will lead activities that help develop basic skills, starting with running and jumping, dribbling, passing, and hand-eye coordination. As the weeks progress children will start to develop more skills that allow for more difficult activities. BOOM creates a fun environment for kids to learn the fundamentals of basketball while furthering their socialization and teamwork skills.
Level of Instruction: Beginner
Skills/Fundamentals Learned: BOOM Basketball helps develop your child physically, mentally and socially for the world ahead of them. Classes focus on:
Contractor/Instructor: This class is taught by the BOOM Sports founders, Guy and Traci Mitchell. The BOOM Sports Mission is to help children develop their full potential as both athletes and individuals. By using creative physical games to promote self-confidence and socialization skills, BOOM Sports offers an environment where every child excels no matter their skill level. Click here for complete biographies.
The following measures have been added for participant and staff safety.
• 6 feet Physical Distancing will be encouraged whenever possible
• Participants must self-screen for COVID Symptoms and temperature and may not attend if sick or exhibiting a temperature of 100.4 or higher
• Hand washing/sanitizing will be required upon arrival and throughout the day. Please bring sanitizer if possible.
• Shared equipment will be disinfected between sessions and between users.
• No high-fives, hugs, or handshakes will be allowed
• No sharing of food or drink.
• INDOOR CAMPS: Class capacity is limited to 10 participants per group. Groups will not be mixed.
Specific information about this division’s Safe Return plan and FAQs can be found at www.ParkerRec.com/Sports.
Any facility or program that opens during the Safe Return phased reopening will comply with current state and public health recommendations and will adhere to strict safety protocols for both patrons and staff. Please make the following commitments to contribute to a safe return:
• I will stay home if I feel sick.
• I will practice social distancing and not gather in large groups.
• I will wash my hands often. While outdoors, I will use hand sanitizer.
• I will cover my mouth and nose when I cough or sneeze.
• I will avoid touching my eyes, nose and mouth.
• I will wear a face mask whenever possible.
Please contact Lou at email@example.com with questions.
- Equipment Needed: Participants should wear athletic attire and shoes. The use of all sports equipment is included. Bring your own full water bottle and refrain from using the drinking fountains. Bottle fillers may not be available.
- Skip Dates: N/A
Early Childhood (0-6)
FH - Rink East (Half) at Parker Fieldhouse