The Quarry Farm 5K 2017 race will consist of two events: The Virtual 5K and an Onsite 5K.
The Virtual 5k is to be done at your own location and pace.
The Onsite Quarry Farm 5K is an easy (just two sloping hills!) out-and-back rural course that takes participants past a historic bridge, two scenic creeks to a rest halfway and back to the finish line at Red Fox Cabin.
Participants of both events will receive a custom race t-shirt!
All 5K proceeds further the goal and mission of The Quarry Farm Nature Preserve & Conservation Farm to provide the opportunity for people of all ages to increase their understanding of the natural environment of Northwest Ohio and to interact with their fellow inhabitants in a sustainable manner.
By participating in the virtual 5k (at your own pace) or the onsite 5k (October 7, 2017), you are helping to support the work that we do by:
- Making it possible for the sanctuary animals, many of whom began their lives in fear and neglect, to reside here in peace with proper shelter.
- Providing species-specific food and bedding for sanctuary farm animals and fostered wildlife.
- Maintaining the nature preserve trails and control invasive plant species on the preserve and in the Red Fox Cabin gardens.
- Helping us to provide quality educational programming in science, the arts, Ohio history and critical thinking.
- Contributing to the development and installation of interpretive signage.
Thank you for your interest and support! Please follow our blog and event schedule at: https://thequarryfarm.org/
Event details and schedule
The Virtual 5k Event: June 17 – October 7
The Virtual 5k event can be completed at any location. By signing up for this event, you are committing to run a 5k at your own pace in support of The Quarry Farm. You will receive your t-shirt by mail at the address you provide during registration.
The Quarry Farm 5k Onsite Event:
Saturday, October 7
Parking and run/walk start: The Quarry Farm, 14321 Rd 7L, Pandora, OH 45877
Check-in: 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Seitz Pavilion; please present ID to receive participation packet
Run/walk begins at 10 a.m. (line-up at 9:50 a.m.)
The race will be held rain or shine, so please dress appropriately and wear layers if necessary.
THE COURSE: The course is a one lane paved rural road with one hill down and up at the halfway point. Water will be available at every half-mile, with a restroom at the halfway point: https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Quarry+Farm+Nature+Preserve+%26+Conservation+Farmfirstname.lastname@example.org,-83.991664,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x883e99c48ed7d3c1:0x44bd0b34652f0bff!8m2!3d40.9758157!4d-83.98947
The Quarry Farm