Join local Coachella Valley residents at the Desert Cancer Foundation’s 11th Annual Paint El Paseo Pink walk for breast cancer awareness on Saturday, October 14, 2017 at The Gardens on El Paseo in Palm Desert!
This year's Paint El Paseo Pink will be better than ever! Paint El Paseo Pink is expanding, and we are excited to announce that we will close down the entire street of El Paseo, from Portola to Hwy 74. This year, events kick off earlier than in the past, so be sure to get there early! Surrounded by the gorgeous, lush landscape and boutique shops along the route of El Paseo, walkers will be able to experience live music, djs, browse merchant shops, all while helping to support life-saving breast cancer screening, diagnostic and treatment services for our local valley residents!
Registration is only $25 per person! You can choose to register as an individual, or even build or join a team! Register today and help us make Desert Cancer Foundation's 11th Annual Paint El Paseo Pink the most exciting and impactful event this year!
All proceeds raised from Paint El Paseo Pink will benefit Desert Cancer Foundation’s Suzanne Jackson Breast Cancer Fund for breast cancer screening, diagnostic and treatment services for local Coachella Valley residents.
Event details and schedule
PRE-REGISTRATION & T-SHIRT PICK UP:
- Pre-Registration is availble online. & T-Shirt pick up is on Friday, October 13th at The Gardens on El Paseo from 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Online registration closes at 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 12th. However, you can still pre-register in-person and pick up t-shirts at The Gardens on El Paseo on Friday, October 13th from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- You may also register on-site the day of the event, Saturday, October 14th at 7:00 am.
Event Day Registration Opens at 7:00AM
Walk Begins at 8:00AM
Event kicks off at the lawn of The Gardens on El Paseo. Group will walk down El Paseo to Portola Avenue, cross the street and make your way towards Monterey Avenue/Hwy 74, then head back to the lawn at the Gardens on El Paseo. The route is approximately 2 miles roundtrip.
Parking is available in the parking garage located behind The Gardens on El Paseo. Additional parking is available on other streets surrounding El Paseo. Please note: El Paseo will be closed to open traffic between Portola and Monterey Ave./Hwy 74 beginning at 5 am to 10 am for the event.
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
Wear Pink!! We recommend wearing comfortable "workout" attire and sneakers. Please wear sunblock and consider wearing a hat. We will have a booth with additional pink and cancer awareness items available for purchase.
HOW TO FORM A TEAM:
Forming a team is easy!
1. Get together a group of family, friends and/or co-workers to join you at the 11th Annual Paint El Paseo Pink walk on Saturday, October 14, 2017 at the Gardens on El Paseo!
2. Next, register online for the event. During the registration process, you will be asked if you would like to join a team. You will be given the option to type in your team name, as well as select to pick up your registration packets and t-shirts as a team or individually.
3. Tell you team to log online to register for the event online, and be sure to select your team name!
4. Pick up your t-shirts on Friday, October 13th at our pre-registration event at The Gardens on El Paseo between 11 am and 5 pm.
4. Finally, and most importantly, bring your team to Paint El Paseo Pink on Saturday, October 14th and help us bring awareness to our community about breast cancer and provide breast cancer screening, diagnostic and treatment services for those in need locally!
This event is family-friendly and pet-friendly! Bring your strollers and if you bring your dog, please be sure to keep them on a leash at all times - and bring "doggie bags" to pick up after them.
ABOUT DESERT CANCER FOUNDATION
Desert Cancer Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting residents in the Coachella Valley and surrounding communities who need financial assistance in obtaining screening, diagnosis and treatment for cancer and allied diseases. For more information, contact us at www.desertcancerfoundation.org or call us at 760-773-6554.
Desert Cancer Foundation