Billed by area riders as "the one ride you should do if you only do one ride all year", The Great Owyhee Ride Against Hunger is named for a True Century Ride that starts at the Historic Ontario, OR Train Depot and winds its way up through scenic Rural Oregon, past parts of the legendary Oregon Trail, to the base of the Majestic Owyhee Dam before returning to town. Breakfast, Lunch (featuring local breweries & wineries), and plenty of rest stop & logistical support are provided. Proceeds from the ride benefit Oregon Food Bank-Southeast Oregon Services.
Organizers Note: Registrations must be received by May 19th, 2017 to guarantee Ride Shirt.
Directions from Freeway to Start Location
From I-84 (Boise)
Take Exit 376A
Right on West Idaho Ave (towards City Center)
Left on South Oregon (after the Underpass)
Left on SE 3rd Avenue (landmarks include area businesses Alvarado Jewelers, Eastside Florist, The Competition and Jolts and Juice Coffee Company)
Proceed to Historic Ontario Train Depot (should be lots of parking). Event Signage, Registration Tables, & Continental Breakfast area should be visible once parked.
From Hwy 20/26 (coming from Vale)
Left @ Light (junction Hwy 20/26 & Hwy 55)
Right @ SW 4th Avenue
SW 4th Avenue to SW Oregon St (Downtown Ontario)
Right @ SE 3rd Avenue
Proceed to Historic Ontario Train Depot
Event details and schedule
- START/FINISH Location@ Historic Ontario Train Depot (300 Depot Lane, Ontario OR 97914-Near Jolts & Juice Coffee Comany)
- Pre Registered Check-in & "Day Of" Registration begins @ 6:00 am
- Century Ride START: 7:00 am
- Metric Century Ride Start: 8:00 am
- 50 Mile Ride START: 8:30 am
- Family Rides Start: 9:30 am
- While there will be lots of great support along the way, riders are ultimately responsible for their own belongings and condition of their equipment.
- ALL START TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CHECK WWW.GREATOWYHEERIDE.COM for updated information!
Oregon Food Bank-SOS