FHI is hosting a 5k Fun Run/Walk fundraiser at 9 am on August 11, 2018. All proceeds will benefit FHI which is a missions organization dedicated to helping the poor, orphans, and children. We currently have projects in Africa that need immediate attention as we care for 30+ children left orphaned from the war in South Sudan. These projects include construction for a larger home base as well as placement of children into loving homes and families. Ongoing needs include housing, medical care, education, clothing, and food at a minimum.
We have a 5k and a shorter run for the kids or those wanting a shorter distance (Little Monkey Run). Wear your animal print, get outside, get fit, and support a good cause!
FREE Tshirt with entry (T-shirt May not be guaranteed for registrations after August 2). Prizes for top finishers!
Early bird price of $25 for 5k til Aug 1 and $15 for Little Monkey Run.
For more information about FHI or to get involved, email email@example.com. Donations over and above entry fee may be tax deductible.
No refunds after August 1
Event details and schedule
Race begins at 9 am. Arrive by 8:00 am to pick up packets.
Do NOT bring any valuables.
FREE TSHIRT WITH ENTRY!
PRIZES FOR TOP FINISHERS!!
We are so excited that you will be joining this year's run to benefit Father's House International! Here are the event details that you might need for Saturday (August 11)....
1. 5K starts at 9:00 am!
2. Little Monkey Run (1 mile Run for kids or walk) will start after the 5K to allow participating parents a chance to see their children compete
3. Packet pick up - We will NOT have a pre-packet pick up event. You can pick up your tshirt and bib as early as 8 am on the day of the race. We would suggest that you arrive no later than 8:30 am. If you can't make it by this time, email us and we can see what we can do
4. Location - Event will be at Lake Wehrspann/Chalco Hills Recreation Area. Enter the part from the Giles Street entrance. From there, you will want to find your way to the boat ramp on the west side of the lake. Some simple directions - go south from Giles (154th) and before you get to the main building, take a right at the stop sign. Go down to the next stop sign and take a left going south. It will be the first left from there and you should see the lake dock. We will do our best to provide adequate signs but last year it did rain so while we can be as prepared as possible, flexibility is inevitable.
5. Prizes - Everyone gets a medal as they cross the finish line. Prizes for top finishers will be awarded after the monkey run. If you can't stay for the monkey run, we will get your prize to you as soon as we can (you don't have to be present to receive your prize if you finish first). However, we will also have a drawing so that every one has a chance to win something. That drawing will be held after prizes are awarded and that particpant must be present to win.
6. Keep in mind that this is a fundraiser so we can't thank you enough for being a part of this event. Every dollar goes to support this nonprofit organization that exists to serve the poor by providing the basic necessities of life - food, housing, education, health care and most of all.... HOPE! If you want more info about FHI, we would be happy to share our mission with you at the race!
7. Route map - The 5k will be on the west side of the lake. If you're familiar with the lake, you'll head south on that straight path, over the bridge and up the hill until it T's. From there, you'll go right and follow that path until you reach the bridge. Take a right from there and circle that back all the way until you reach the original straight away. Go left and head toward the finish line!
7. If you are running late or something happens that you need to contact someone on the morning of the race....text 402-709-4022.
See you Saturday bright and early!
Fathers House International