Squaw Mt. Run 2017July 29, 2017 Squaw Valley 1960 Squaw Valley Rd Olympic Valley, CA 96146 Organized by Auburn Ski Club
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
For the past 36 years, on the first Saturday of August or last Saturday in July, hundreds runners and hikers have made the annual pilgrimage to the top of Squaw Valley to enjoy a great workout with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra. Starting at the base of Squaw Valley USA (6200’) the course climbs the 3.6 mile mountain run to High Camp (8200’) where awards, raffle, music, light refreshments & beer are provided. Participants can choose to RUN or take a more leisurely pace and HIKE, or Nordic walk (hike with poles). For the less energetic – let the cable car do the 2000 foot elevation gain & join our knowledgeable guides for the beautiful FLOWER WALK on easy rolling terrain.
This event is a fundraiser for both the ASC Junior Nordic Team as well as the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center. Please consider making an extra donation to the Cancer Center.
Event details and schedule
- Waviers are available on the Event Website. It helps to print them and bring them to registration. All people under 18 need to have a wavier signed by a parent ahead of time
- You can pick up bibs on Friday July 28th from 4-7pm at Squaw Village and again on Saturday the 2nd until 8:30 am
- Bring a well labeled small bag for any gear that you would like brought up to the finish for you.
- Your entry fee includes a the cable car ride down to the bottom after the run.
- Tech Shirts and running hats and visors can be purchased at registration for $20. We do not take pre-orders for the shirts.