If you're looking to lose weight, ground zero is improving your dietary habits and getting plenty of consistent exercise. However, for some people, diet and exercise aren't quite enough to achieve their desired weight-loss results in an anticipated timeframe. To enhance your results, you may wish to consider dietary supplements. Enter PhenQ.
PhenQ was brought to market with a simple premise: To target metabolic health in order to suppress your appetite, burn unwanted fat, and ultimately help you achieve the results you want, safely and simply. But does it really work? And how does it compare to other weight-loss supplements on the market? To find out, take a minute to read our in-depth PhenQ review.
We always recommend consulting with your doctor before ingesting a new vitamin or supplement.
By clicking on the product links in this article, we may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Sponsorships and affiliate commissions help support our research so we can help you find the best products. Read full affiliate disclosure here.
Why Trust Us?
ACTIVE.com’s editorial team relies on the knowledge and experience of fitness and wellness experts including competitive athletes, coaches, physical therapists, nutritionists, and certified trainers. This helps us ensure the products we feature are of the highest standard. Collectively, the team has spent countless hours researching equipment, gear, and recovery tools in order to create the most accurate, authentic content for our readers. Customer satisfaction is also a key part of our review process, which is why we only feature products that are highly rated. For an in-depth look at how we evaluated these supplements, scroll to the end of the review for our rating scale.
What Is PhenQ?
- Price: $$
- Flavor options: N/A
- Artificial sweeteners: None
- Serving size: 1 pill (to be taken twice daily)
- Calories per serving: 0
- Protein per serving: N/A
- Carbs per serving: 0
- Fats per serving: 0
PhenQ is marketed as a weight-loss pill and is manufactured and sold by a Scottish company called Wolfson Brands (UK) Limited, but the product is actually made in facilities that are fully accredited by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The product has proven popular for a few reasons. For one, Wolfson takes pride in creating supplements that use high-quality ingredients and that are fully backed by robust scientific data. Additionally, the company has a great reputation for responsive and friendly customer service.
So, what about the supplement itself? What sets PhenQ apart is that it's marketed as five weight-loss pills in one—that is, it's designed to target your metabolic health along five different metrics. Working together, these five effects help you burn fat, suppress your appetite, lose weight, and maintain a happy mood.
The primary active ingredient is called ɑ-Lacys Reset, a proprietary blend of alpha-lipoic acid and L-cysteine. It's intended to accelerate your metabolism and to increase thermogenesis, the process by which your body burns calories to create heat. This effect can help you burn stored fat, which leads to weight loss—although it's crucial to note that this will only work if you're already following a low-calorie diet.
PhenQ, like many other weight-loss pills, is designed to be taken daily. In fact, the optimal dose is two pills daily, one at breakfast and a second at lunch. The ingredients are all 100 percent vegan and vegetarian.
What We Like
- Helps jump-start your fat-burning process
- Is made to enhance, not replace, healthy diet and exercise
- Helps you eat less with an appetite suppressant
- The ingredients are all-natural, vegetarian, and vegan
- The dosage is simple; you just have to take one pill, twice daily
- There are some great worldwide shipping and savings opportunities
- Your purchase is backed by a 60-day, money-back guarantee
What We Don't Like
- Caffeine is one of the bigger ingredients, which means that PhenQ can disrupt your sleep cycles
- It's fairly pricey per bottle
- There are some mild and fairly uncommon side effects, including nausea
- There's little scientific research to back the effects of the proprietary ingredient
Who Should Use PhenQ?
PhenQ is designed, first and foremost, to support weight loss. The best candidates for PhenQ are individuals who want to lose stored body fat without compromising lean muscle mass. Taking these pills may help you to burn more calories and also consume fewer calories, all of which can be helpful as you seek a leaner, healthier body.
It's really important to note that PhenQ is designed for those who want to lose weight, but who aren't necessarily looking for a shortcut; in fact, without a healthy diet, you may not get very good results from PhenQ. Additionally, you'll get the best results if you're pretty diligent about exercising, including both weight training and fat-burning cardio.
- α-Lacys Reset
- Capsimax powder
- Chromium picolinate
- Caffeine anhydrous
- Nopal cactus
- L-carnitine tartrate
Benefits of PhenQ
For those who are looking to enhance their weight-loss results and support their existing diet and exercise efforts, PhenQ can offer a number of important benefits. Here are some of the main benefits of taking PhenQ:
- It can help you boost your metabolism. By heightening the effectiveness of your metabolism, PhenQ can improve the speed and efficiency with which your body uses calories and burns fat. Again, this effect will be most pronounced if you pair the supplement with a low-calorie diet and consistent fat-burning exercise.
- It reduces your appetite. Even the best efforts to exercise can be thwarted if you're constantly craving junk food. By taking PhenQ, you can keep those cravings in check. Indeed, one of the major benefits of this supplement is that you'll simply eat less.
- PhenQ can boost your energy level. By boosting your energy level, PhenQ helps you live a more active lifestyle, potentially deriving greater benefit from your time at the gym. Note that the boosted energy level is largely due to caffeine content, which may come at the expense of some sleep disruptions. Also, note that a boosted energy level is usually accompanied by a more elevated mood.
- PhenQ is made with natural ingredients. A lot of diet pills are loaded with artificial substances and weird, untested chemicals. Not so with PhenQ, which is 100 percent vegan, vegetarian, and natural.
- Your risk of side effects is pretty low. While some users experience some mild nausea, the overall risk of side effects is pretty minimal. And the side effects that can pop up tend to be minor in nature.
- Dosage is easy. All you have to do is take two pills per day. What could be easier?
FAQs About PhenQ
How much weight can you lose a month with PhenQ?
The amount of weight that you lose can vary according to several different factors, including your eating habits, exercise habits, hormone levels, and more. Some users report weight loss of 5-10 pounds each month, but this should be taken as a guideline, not a guarantee.
How long does it take for PhenQ to ship?
You can only buy PhenQ from the official website. When you do, the product is dispatched from the U.K. within 24-48 hours, but how long it takes to get to you depends largely on where you live.
How does PhenQ work for weight loss?
The active ingredients included in PhenQ boast a number of weight-loss effects. Specifically, these ingredients help to control your blood sugar level, suppress cravings, regulate metabolism, and aid the body's natural detoxification process.
How long should I take PhenQ?
You'll probably need to take it for at least two to three months before you begin seeing any notable weight-loss results. As with any dietary supplement, it's wise to consult your doctor before taking it, and also to ask your doctor how long you should continue taking it.
Our Rating Scale
Price/affordability (scale of $-$$$):
Prices depend on a number of factors, and tend to fluctuate over time, so we've kept our affordability rating scale simple so you can easily see how products compare:
$ = under $1 per serving
$$ = $1-2 per serving
$$$ = over $2 per serving
Flavor Options (scale of 1-3):
When it comes to dietary supplements that you take frequently, or even daily, options are important. And while your protein powder or pre-workout doesn't have to taste good to be effective, having several flavors to choose from can make it easier to stick with your fitness and health goals.
N/A = Unflavored
1 = 1-2 flavor options
2 = 3-4 flavor options
3 = 5 or more flavor options
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.