Top athletes are used to waking up early, but not necessarily to make breakfast. However, a warm meal really hits the spot after a hard workout. If you'd rather spend more time training and less time preparing food, try this quick and healthy idea.
Use the recipe below to make a delicious instant oatmeal mix, then grab it just before leaving the house. When you're ready to eat, just add hot water and enjoy. This is a great mix to keep at your office or in your gym locker.
Hot Breakfast in a Jar
- 2-cup or 4-cup mason jars
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried fruit (Try a mix of Thompson raisins, cranberries, and currants.)
- A sprinkling of unsweetened desiccated coconut
1. Combine all the ingredients except dried fruit. Mix well in a bowl.
2. Combine all the dried fruit in a separate bowl and mix together.
3. Slowly layer the fruit and the oatmeal in a jar. Repeat.
4. Seal jar and add this label: Add one cup of oatmeal mix to 1 cup boiling water, and enjoy!
Eat right and perform better. Find a nutrition plan for you.