Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Calf Pasture BeachCalf Pasture Beach Road Norwalk, CT 06855
The Star Kids Triathlon takes place on a scenic looped course within Calf Pasture Beach.
Robin Myers, formerly of Team Mossman Events is excited to invite you to his inaugural Star Kids Triathlon at Calf Pasture Beach in Norwalk, CT on June 12th, 2016.
Event details and schedule
4 to 6 Year Olds
7 to 10 Year Olds
11 to 14 Year Olds
All age groups will congregate on the beach before the swim begins, releasing them into the water.
- 4 to 6 year olds - 20 yards swim along the floaty line. The 4 to 6 year olds may be accompanied by a chaperone.
- 7 to 10 year olds - 100 yards swim along the floaty line.
- 11 to 14 year olds - 200 yards loop along the floaty line.
- 4 to 6 year olds: 1 Loop within the Beach area.
- 7 to 10 year olds: 2 Loops within the Beach area.
- 11 to 14 year olds: 4 Loops within the Beach area.
1 Loop = 1 mile
- 4 to 6 year olds: from Transition to the Finish line.
- 7 to 10 year olds: 1 Loop within the Beach area.
- 11 to 14 year olds: 2 Loops within the Beach area.
Registration and Transition:
6:00am - 7:45am collect your child’s swim cap, timing chip and bib number (required for the run) at the Registration table.
Transition opens at 6:00am and closes at 7:45am.
You may park in the beach parking lot up until 7:30am. Thereafter all cars will be directed to Taylors Farm to park. You need to be Registered and set-up in Transition prior to 7:45am even if your child is racing at 8:45am (7-10 Years Old) or 9:25am (11-14 Years Old) race.
No parents will be allowed in the Transition Area during each race.
Only Chaperones are allowed into Transition for the 4 to 6 Year Old race.
Waivers and ID:
Day-of Registration Requirements:
- Allowed only if the event is NOT sold out.
- Proof of age required.
- USAT One Day License must be purchased.
USA Triathlon Competitive Rule 3.2a - Athletes compete in the age group corresponding to their age on December 31 of the event year e.g. if your child is 10 years old on the day of the race, but turns 11 before the end of the calendar year, your child will race as an 11 year old. Any child who is 14 on race day, but will turn 15 before the end of the calendar year, is ineligible to race. Please ensure that your child races in the proper age division.
There is no refund, transfer or deferral. Funds have already been spent on permits, insurances, equipment reservation deposits, etc. So please understand our position. You make take advantage of the entry fee protection provided by Active.com.
What to bring?
- Swim suit
- Swim goggles
- Bike – please ensure the tires are inflated and the handle bar ends have caps
- Running gear (may bike and run in swim suit)
- Running shoes
Set-up in the morning:
- Please place all gear on half a towel size space in front of your bike.
- Please lay bike flat on the ground. Please do not use your kick stand or lean your bike against the fence.
- Strictly NO electronic listening devices allowed!
- Please feel free to ask questions on the day of event.
General questions: firstname.lastname@example.org (203) 610-1817