Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
FIU Aquatic Center / Biscayne Bay Campus / WUC 1603000 N.E. 151st Street North Miami, FL 33181
Attention: All runners and walkers, come join the Wellness and Recreation Center on the FIU Biscayne Bay Campus for our annual Turkey Trot. The event will take place on Saturday, November 23, 2019, at our FIU Aquatic Center / WUC 160 on the Biscayne Bay Campus.
Participants will have the opportunity to join a group stretch before the race begins. We will have a representative from the Healthy Living department to explain the benefits of donating to the FIU Food Pantry. We will also have a Thanksgiving Cooking demonstration after the race ends.
We will offer competition in six catogories: Non-Binary 3 Mile Run, Men's 3 Mile Run, Women's 3 Mile Run, Non-Binary 3 Mile Walk, Women's 3 Mile Walk, and Men's 3 Mile Walk. The first place finishers in each category will take home a gift basket and receive one free Butterball turkey (uncooked). The next four runner-ups in each category will also receive one free Butterball turkey (uncooked).
Important Message: We are asking walkers and runners to bring in mandatory food items in order to participate in this event. The food items will be donated to our FIU Student Food Pantry. Food Items needed are (1) container of peanut butter, (1) box of crackers, (1) pop-top soup and (1) box of pop tarts which will be collected at the registration table. (Each participant will only need to bring in one of each food items) These items will be greatly appreciated and will assist unfortunate FIU students in need. We would like to say thank you to all of our runners, walkers, volenteers, and event staff for making this a spectacular event.
Event details and schedule
Walkers start time: 10:00AM
Runners start time: 10:00AM
Turkey Trot Rules:
- Participants need to arrive early to check in and receive race bib.
- No cutting across the grass area along the course (must follow orange cones).
- No bumping or tripping other participants.
- No pulling on other runners or their clothing.
- No running or jogging for walking participants. (Strictly Enforced)
- Sneakers and comfortable clothing are recommended for this event.
- Participants must loop the halfway point and continue back on the same path.
- Participants that are disqualified will be removed from race path.
- Participants must be 16 years old or older to participate in this event.
- Participants must complete a wavier to participate.