Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
MD - Strathmore CampusThe Music Center at Strathmore 5301 Tuckerman Lane North Bethesda, MD 20852-3385
We're sorry, but this class is over. The last meeting was Saturday, June 20, 2020.
(Ages 2-4. Age 2 as of September 2019, with parent/caregiver)
This class combines ages and elements from Round We Go and Adventures in Music into one class. Children, with their parent/caregiver, continue to engage in a wide variety of musical activities including singing as well as playing basic un-pitched percussion instruments. Concepts such as body/spatial awareness, numbers, shapes, and colors are reinforced through musical play. Activities are introduced to develop solo singing, pitch matching, and sense of rhythm. Participants receive guidance on children's musical development along with tools that support the creation of a nurturing musical environment at home.
Class activities and benefits include:
- Instrument playing with pitched and un-pitched percussion instruments to encourage basic rhythmic competency, including ability to play a steady beat
- Movement activities to develop fine and gross motor skills
- Repertoire of songs and activities to use at home
- Increased social development and exploration
- Encouragement of individual response
- Cultivation of creative expression
- Development of identification skills
Please note: All classes consist of 45 minutes of instructional time followed by 15 minutes of Community Time to talk with our expert teachers, ask questions about music and child development, meet other families, and provide social time for children.
For more information, please contact Gabriela Cohen, First Music Program Chair, at (202) 686-8000 x1107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All classes consist of 45 minutes of instructional time followed by 15 minutes of Community Time.
MD - Strathmore Campus