Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
MD - Strathmore CampusThe Music Center at Strathmore 5301 Tuckerman Lane North Bethesda, MD 20852-3385
We're sorry, but this class is over. The last meeting was Saturday, July 27, 2019.
(Ages 4-6 without parent/caregiver)
Pack your bags and get ready to visit the beach, campground, fair, big city and mountains! Each week we'll take our group classes of young children on an imaginary journey to inspire creative learning with singing, movement and playing instruments.
Throughout the summer, children expand their musical vocabulary, pitch matching and rhythmic abilities through songs, chants, and the use of pitched and unpitched percussion instruments. They develop listening skills, concentration and a sense of timing as more complex and ensemble activities are introduced.
Class activities and benefits include:
- Development of pitch awareness through singing games
- Exploration and improvisation using Orff instruments
- Expanded knowledge of musical instruments and instrument families
- Development of rhythmic competency, including beat keeping and division of beat through movement and instrument playing
- Development of social skills and cooperation through group activities such as dancing, playing and musical stories
- Development of basic note-reading through symbolic notation
Please note: All classes consist of 45 minutes of instructional time followed by 15 minutes of Community Time to talk with our expert teachers, ask questions about music and child development, meet other families, and provide social time for children.
For more information, please contact Gabriela Cohen, First Music Program Chair, at (202) 686-8000 x1107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class By Age Group
5 and under (First Music)
MD - Strathmore Campus