Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Merrimack College315 Turnpike St North Andover, MA 01845
RUNNER’S WORLD CLASSIC
JULY 15-17, 2016
Powered by: DMSE SPORTS, Inc.
To be held at Merrimack College, North Andover, MA
NAME OF EVENT
The RUNNER’S WORLD CLASSIC powered by DMSE SPORTS, Inc.
Run with us, the editors of Runner's World magazine, through beautiful Andover, Massachusetts. We have a race for runners of all levels and for the entire family, including an exciting kid’s fun run, a 5K, 10K, and half marathon.
The races will feature a start and finish on the beautiful campus of Merrimack College. Our undulating courses will keep you honest through historic downtown Andover, past the famous grounds of Andover Phillips Academy, and through a tree-lined, shaded residential community.
The Classic weekend will include:
- Seminars presented by top industry leaders
- Live music after the half marathon on Sunday
- Prerace dinner with Runner's World editors (Saturday)
- Kids races and children's programming (Friday)
- 5K and 10K races (Saturday)
- Celebrity Mile (Saturday)
- Half marathon (Sunday)
And if that's not enough for you, take on our multiple-race options:
- The Hat Trick – 5K, 10K, and half marathon
- The Five & Dime – 5K and 10K
Disney has the Goofy and Dopey Challenges, we have the Five & Dime and the Hat Trick! Headquarters for the weekend will be on the grounds of Merrimack College in North Andover / Andover, Massachusetts.
Event details and schedule
- Merrimack College, North Andover, MA
- Streets of Andover, MA and North Andover, MA
DATE AND TIMES
- Kid’s Fun Run – Friday, July 15, 2016 6:00pm
- 5K race – Saturday, July 16, 2016 7:00am
- 10K race – Saturday, July 16, 2016 8:30am
- Celebrity Mile – Saturday, July 16, 2016 11:00am
- Half Marathon – Sunday, July 17, 2016 7:00am
- 12 and under
- ¼ mile – 5 and under
- ½ mile – 6 to 8
- 1 mile – 9 to 12
MINIMUM AGE FOR ALL RACES
- 5K – 8+
- 10K – 13+
- Half Marathon – 16+
- Dave McGillivray Sports Enterprises, Inc. (DMSE Sports).
COURSES AND DISTANCE
- All races start and finish at Merrimack College.
- Course runs through the streets of scenic, historic Andover, MA.
PRE-EVENT AND POST-EVENT FUNCTIONS
- Health and Fitness Expo – over 30 exhibitors from the health and fitness industry.
- Speaker Series – listen to informational talks from Runner’s World editors and leading experts (like Bart Yasso, Amby Burfoot and Budd Coates) on such topics as training, nutrition, and gear.
- Pasta Dinner - On Saturday, July 16th from 5pm to 7pm (tentative).
- Half Marathon finish festival with live music, food and fun.
Every athlete who completes the 5K, 10K and half marathon will receive a commemorative medal when they cross the finish line.
Overall top male and female winners for all three races will be based on the actual order of finish (gun time). Age-group awards for all races will be based on chip time. Runners are eligible for awards only in the specific race for which they are registered.
Plaques will be awarded to the top three male and female runners in the 5K, 10K, and half marathon in the age groups listed below.
Additionally, awards will be given to the top three overall male and female masters winners and the top Push Rim Wheelchair finisher in each race based on chip time.
Awards will also be given to top three male and female Hat Trick and Five & Dime finishers based on cumulative chip times from all the included races. Runners must be registered for the Hat Trick or Five & Dime to be eligible for these awards.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER RACE - RUNNER’S WORLD HALF AND FESTIVAL - BETHLEHEM