The 13th Annual Newtown Road Race and Kids Fun Run is a 5k that welcomes individuals, families, children, runners, walkers and stroller pushers! There is even a kids "fun run" where children of all ages compete in different age divisions.
All proceeds from the 13th Annual Newtown Road Race and Kids Fun Run are donated to Newtown Youth & Family Services, serving family members of all ages by providing the most affordable mental health services, support groups, afterschool and autism disorder programming.
Newtown Youth & Family Services advocates in the community for programs to reduce substance abuse, increase opportunities for student involvement and other initiatives. As a fully accredited and licensed agency, it offers affordable counseling to all. By merging counseling and supportive services, NYFS is focused on helping families to solve problems through counseling and community involvement.
Event details and schedule
Race Day Schedule:
|8:00||Race begins -- rain or shine|
|8:45-10:30||Post race celebration and awards.|
Things to know:
- 5K (3.1 miles) and Kid's Run
- $27 per-registered runners, $30 on-site registration
- Runners and walkers of all ages are welcome to participate
- The race will be limited to 1,000 runners
- Relatively flat, fast course is offically sanctioned and certified by the United States Track and Field Assocation(CT06009JHP)
- Race start, finish, and celebration will take place at Dickinson Park
- Run is through the beautiful community of Newtown and includes many landmarks of this special town
- The Kid's run will be in 75 yards, 150 yards and 1/4 mile, depending on level and age of the child- you may choose the day of the race. To register for the kids race you can mail in the form found on our website or register the day of (pricing will be the same)
Race Day Parking:
Additional parking for the race can be found in the Taunton Press parking lot on Route 25, near the corner of Elm Street. Police will be on hand to help cross the street. View Map
Pre-Registration Pick Up will be on 8/31 at Dickinson Park from 9am- 6pm.
Newtown Youth & Family Services