This 2K open water swim is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Art Figur: athlete, adventurer, teacher, healer, teammate, and friend. This is an "out and back" swim in Echo Bay (LI Sound) along the beautiful New Rochelle shore. It is a good warmup for the Westchester Triathalon (one week later) in what is often the year's warmest water.
Event details and schedule
- Warm-up / Check-in: 7:15A-8A. Course Outline and Safety Talk 8:10. Check-in Ends at 8AM SHARP. Race starts at 8:30
- This will be a 2,000M “Out and Back” Swim from the Beach at Hudson Park.
- All Participants must be 18 Years or older.
- Wetsuits permitted.
- Warm-up will be allowed only after positive check-in and waiver signatures.
- Swim takes place rain or shine. Caps will be required and furnished.
- Course will be marked and guided by kayaks. Area will be protected by official boats.
- Swimmers must stay on course and complete the turn-around within 45 min.
- Race Director has the final authority to cancel the Swim in unlikely event of unsafe conditions.
Westchester Masters Swimming Association