Please note the date for the race is Saturday 6/13. The race had to be rescheduled to allow for an early morning start which the park would not allow on the orginal scheduled date of Sunday the 14th. This early season triathlon features a stunning course within the metro area, easily accessible from Minneapolis/St Paul and its suburbs. A barbecue follows the race making this the first triathlon party of the season. This race is the first in a three race triathlon series. This is a great first timer race with a non intimidating swim start: athletes self seed according to ability and are put into the water one at a time with a 3-5 second break between athletes. Nice short bike course to check how your winter training went followed by a beautiful paved trail run through the gorgeous park.
Event details and schedule
- 6:30 am - Transition area opens for race participants
- 6:30 am - Bike support will be on hand
- 6:30 am - Race day registration begins
- 7:00 am - Race announcements begin
- 7:30 am - 6:30 am - Park and parking lots open
- Race day registration and packet pick-up closes - no more cars allowed into the park
- 7:30 am - Transition area closes
- 7:45 am - Final course updates (Start line)
- 8:00 am - Race starts
- 10:00 am- Bike course closes
- 10:30 am - Barbecue
- 11:15 am - Run course closes Additional information regarding packet pick upi and course updates will be provided via email the Monday of the race. Parking is free within the park.