Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Market Common1150 Farrow Parkway Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
This is one of the largest races in the Myrtle Beach area! Choose from the 5K and a 1-mile fun run. The race course is through the scenic Market Common region of Myrtle Beach and features highlights of the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base. Participants receive a high quality race shirt along with a post-race goodies!
Thank you to Black Dog Running Company for providing the overall and Masters awards!
Event details and schedule
Independence Day 5K Race Information
Race Start is 7:00am!!
Location: Grand Park Lake in Market Common in MB (1150 Farrow Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577)
There is plenty of parking along Farrow Parkway in Market Common or in the parking garage off Farrow Parkway.
Packet Pickup: Native Sons (1519 Executive Avenue, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577)
- Wednesday, July 1 from 3:00-7:00pm
- Thursday, July 2 from 9:00am-7:00pm
- Friday, July 3 from 9:00am-8:00pm
**There is no race day bib pickup. A friend may pick up your bib for you. If you are unable to pick up your bib during one of the times listed above or are traveling from out of town, please email email@example.com.
All participants and spectators are asked to wear a mask. Mask may be removed while running.
Race participants need to wear a mask at the start line and once crossing the finish line.
NS Promos staff/volunteers will wear masks.
Participants and spectators are asked to practice social distancing.
Race start will be staggered by bib number with the exception of the first wave. Runners predicting to run sub 20 minute 5K will begin first. After that bib numbers will be called to the start line and sent off in waves of 5-10 participants.
Chip timing will be used to score for awards including overall and age group.
Your race time begins once you cross the start line mat.
Participants are encouraged to carry their own hydration during the race-there is NO water stop available.
Race Start Line:
Race participants must wear a mask in the start line and once crossing the finish line.
All results are based on chip-time. Your 5K time begins once you cross the start line mat.
Sub 20 minute runners line up in the front.
Please line up by bib numbers and practice social distancing. Race director will signal each bib number sequence start.
Continue in increments of 10
- Participants are encouraged to come dressed in festive attire.
- If you would like to be considered for prizes, please check in at the NS Promos tent upon arrival prior to race start.
- Costume winners will be posted at 1:00pm along with Final Race Results.
- Participant snacks will be pre-packaged.
- Results are live https://results.rmraces.live/SVE-Timing-East/events/2020/11th-Annual-Independence-Day-Run/results and available once you cross the finish line, but they are not considered final until 1:00pm that afternoon.
- Final results will be posted at 1:00pm.
- Award winners may pick up their award at Black Dog Running Company (1600 Farrow Parkway, Unit B-3, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577) beginning Sunday at noon.
- Award categories: Overall Male and Female 1,2,3 place; Overall Masters Male and Female 1 place; Age groups: Male and Female 1,2,3 place 0-10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-up.
- Questions regarding your results should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.