Artichoke Festival 5K Beach RunMay 02, 2020 Monterey Tides 2600 Sand Dunes Dr. Monterey, CA 93940 View Map Organized by Castroville Artichoke Festival, Inc
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Monterey Tides2600 Sand Dunes Dr. Monterey, CA 93940
We had so much fun on the beach last year, LET’S DO IT AGAIN!
Join us for the 2nd Annual Artichoke Festival 5K Beach Run on May 2, 2020. Runners and walkers alike are invited for fun, exercise, and goodies on the beach at the Monterey Tides Hotel, 2600 Sand Dunes Dr., Monterey.
Come dressed as your favorite vegetable for a chance to win a free ticket package to the Artichoke Festival in May!
All participants will get a free artichoke in their goodie bag, one (1) free entry ticket to the Artichoke Festival Festival (May 30-31, 2020), and restaurant discounts at this beautiful waterfront boutique hotel—all for a charitable cause, on the beautiful sands of the Monterey Bay.
The race will take place rain or shine. If you have questions please contact Artichoke Festival office at (831) 633-2465 (toll free: 888-808-7707). Or, email ArtichokeFest5K@gmail.com
See you in May!
Event details and schedule
MORE RACE DETAILS:
Race day Registration will start at 8:00 am, on Saturday, May 2, 2020, in the Bay View Room at the Monterey Tides. Walk/Run starts at 10:00 am. Course closes at 12:30 pm. Registration fees are nontransferable, nonrefundable. A Registration form is required for each participant. All runners and/or walkers must be able to complete the course in 2 hours or less.
• 5K Run/Walk – $40 per individual through April 1; (1 t-shirt included with registration); $45 until April 29.
• Kids Run/Walk – $10 per child through April 1; (1 t-shirt included with registration); $15 until April 29.
• Military/Seniors 62+ (with ID) – $35 per individual through April 1; (1 t-shirt included with registration);$40 until April 29.
FEE INCLUDES: Artichoke Festival 5K Beach Run t-shirt, one (1) fresh artichoke (crop permitting), one (1) free entry ticket to the Artichoke Festival (May 30-31, 2020), 10% discount coupon for lunch at the Monterey Tides Hotel, and fun giveaways.
This is a Fun Run, the course will not be timed, but we’ll have a clock for runner’s reference.
All runs and walks start and end on the beach waterfront, behind the Monterey Tides Hotel. Course stays on the hard packed wet verge of sand and sea, heading south toward the Monterey Wharf.
- Adults, Military/Seniors (62+) Walk/Run 13 -120 yrs: come dressed as your favorite vegetable for a chance to win Artichoke Festival “It’s a Date” entry ticket package: 2 adults, plus 2 wine tastings.
- Kids Walk/Run for youth 12 and under. Each youth receives a medal. Best Kid's Veggie costume wins Artichoke Festival “Family Pack”: 2 adults, 2 children.
Pre-Registration and New Registration Dates
Pick up mail-in order forms in Monterey and Aptos at Fleet Feet, through April 20, 2020:
• 472 Alvarado Street, Monterey, CA 93940
• 7960 Soquel Drive, Ste., Aptos, CA 95003
New registrations can be submitted online via Active.com up to April 29, 2020.
Pre-register in Castroville, at the Artichoke Festival Office, through April 29, 2020. (Please call ahead for office hours)
- 11402 Merritt St., Castroville, CA 95012 (in Nick’s Hiway Market shopping mall, behind 76 Gas Station.)
Pre-Race Packet pick-up is available at the Tides Hotel, on Friday night, May 1, 2020 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Limited parking will be available in front the Monterey Tides Hotel, and in the public parking lots north and south of the hotel on Sand Dunes Drive. Participants can also park at the Laguna Grande Shopping Center Overflow parking area near Home Depot, just across Hwy 1, closest to Canyon Del Rey Blvd. We highly encourage our run participants to GO GREEN and carpool!
What to Wear:
Participants are encouraged to come dressed as your favorite vegetable! Otherwise, wear comfortable clothing, taking into account that you will get hot once you begin your run/walk. Also, be sure to wear good running/athletic shoes.
What to Bring:
Family and friends to cheer you on! Sun block, sun glasses, a windbreaker in case the weather changes, and a towel to wipe off the sand. NO PETS or STROLLERS on the beach, please.
Eat something at least an hour prior to the start of the race.
Always remember, NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE SEA!