This program has been cancelled.
Cancelled due to low/no registration.
Boat America is a U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary certification program that offers an in-depth and interesting boating safety course. The course is taught by experienced and knowledgeable Coast Guard Auxiliary instructors. Course topics include the following:
- Introduction to boating: Types of boats, boating vocabulary and engine types.
- Boating law: Boat registration, regulations, hull identification numbers, required safety equipment, federal boating law, state boating law and reporting accidents.
- Safety equipment: Life jackets, fire extinguishers, sound-producing devices, visual distress signals, anchors and other safety equipment.
- Safe operation and navigation: Buoys and beacons, navigation rules, docking and the dangers of alcohol on the water.
- Boating emergencies: Hypothermia, boating accidents, man overboard, capsizing, emergency radio calls, carbon monoxide dangers and weather.
- Trailering: Types of trailers, lights, hitches and towing a trailer.
- Sports and boating: Waterskiing, hunting, PWC operation and other boating tips.
The course fee covers the cost of the Boat America workbook. All graduates receive a certificate of completion. Some insurance companies will offer discounts on boating insurance to boaters who successfully complete this course.
The course will be held indoors in an accessible facility.
If you have any questions, please call us at 708.534.8499.
Monee Reservoir Amphitheater at Monee Reservoir
Monee Reservoir Preserve at Monee Reservoir