Following on from the success of the last three years, the fourth running of the Monaghan Phoenix Marathon Festival in 2017 will be even bigger and better.
- Open to all – But numbers limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Considered the best value Marathon in Ireland.
- Athletics Association of Ireland Permit and Measured Course
- Refreshments before, during and after the race.
- Changing facilities and showers.
- Entertainment and surprises along the route.
- Part of Monaghan County Athletics Board Distance League (Half Marathon)
- Course will be around Monaghan Town, Ulster Greenway Canal Path and Rossmore Forest Trails.
- Miles of Smiles in the land of little hills
The event is organised by Monaghan Phoenix Athletic Club. Monaghan Phoenix is one of the oldest clubs in Monaghan, and caters for runners of all abilities and all ages. All proceeds from the events goes back into the Juvenile section of the club to assist in building and support athletics for juveniles and juniors.
NOTE: This year we are introducing a time limit fo 6:30 for all our marathon runs.
For the first time this year, we will be holding a Charity Marathon on Friday 29th September. This will be only for those doing the Back to Back and entry can be made as an add-on during registration for the Back to back. The friday event will start at 9:45am. The Charity Marathon is entirely funded by local businesses, and ALL proceeds of the event will go directly to local charities.
Event details and schedule
Saturday 30th September and Sunday 1st October
Back to Back marathon (with option to enter Charity Marathon on Friday 29th September)
Sunday 1st October
Sunday 1st October
All events will start and finish at Monaghan United Grounds in Gortakeegan, Monaghan.
Friday: 9:45 (Restricted entry to those doing B2B only)
Saturday: 9 am
Sunday: 9 am
Times are subject to change, however any changes will be communicated to all entrants.