Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Crestview Baptist Church301 N Loop 250 W Midland, TX 79703
Hope Mommies is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that supports women and families who have lost a child at any stage of pregnancy and up to two years of age. We are founded on the belief that we will see our children again in Heaven based on our faith in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us. Chances are you or someone you know has experienced losing a baby. Women need support to lift them up as they walk through this unexplainable grief. Hope Mommies reaches out to these moms in a number of ways and has already changed hundreds of lives throughout the nation. You can find out more about this ministry here: hopemommies.org
The Hope Mommies WTX 5k/fun run is a fundraiser to support the local chapter of Hope Mommies in West Texas serving the major and smaller cities around Midland, Odessa, and Lubbock. Our mission is to bring the hope of Christ to mothers grieving pregnancy and infant loss locally in West Texas and to let families know they are not alone. Our event will also be a memorial to all the babies and children who have gone to heaven too soon. To find out more about what we do locally check out our chapter FB page here: facebook.com/HMWestTexas
This is our third event of this nature for the West Texas Chapter. Our last event was a huge success and we hope to continue this event into the future. The event will take place in Midland, Texas at Crestview Baptist Church.
Our event will be in person with the option to participate virtually. We will take every step we can to protect your health including the wearing of masks while not on the race route and sanitation and cleaning done on all surfaces and shared items often.
Event details and schedule
8:30-9:30am Walk-up Registration & Packet/Race swag bag pickup
Silent Auction continues online, Hope Baby Memorial, Food trucks, Merch table, Partner tables, Family entertainment, & Refreshments open
9:30 Registration/Check-in closes
9:45 Opening Ceremony
10:00 5K runners/walker waves start
10:15 1 mile runners/walker waves start
11:15 Balloons distributed, notes written, Baby name reading
11:30 Balloon Release
11:45 Race winners announced
11:45-12 Lite snacks, food trucks, Music, Late packet pick-up, Family entertainment, Partner tables, Hope Baby Memorial, & final silent auction bids
12:00 Silent auction closes
12:05 Closing statements
12:30 Silent auction winners contacted
To follow: Clean up
* A race route map will be displayed at the event.
* We will have a packet pickup for virtual participants only in Midland and Lubbock. Stay tuned to the chapter page for info. All registration packets with t-shirts in addition to swag bags can be picked up before the race from 8:30-9:30 a.m., so come prepared to change your shirt if you want to wear the 5k shirt. Please be sure to bring your photo ID if you have registered online to pick up your packet/bag. Walk-up registration is available for $40 ($30 for kids).
* An adult registration includes a t-shirt, swag bag, and race bib to participate. A child’s registration includes a t-shirt, race bib, and some extra goodies. Extra t-shirts will be available to purchase on a first come, first serve basis. You can also pre-order extra shirts on the registration website.
* A special hope baby memorial is being prepared for our event. Please let us know on the registration website your baby in heaven's name (or the baby you are participating in honor of) so we can include them in our memorial. A keepsake will be available to take home.
* Food trucks will be available to purchase from at the event.
* A Silent Auction will be going on online beginning the week before the event. It will all be online and the info will be shared on or page and event page. Silent auction will continue at the event and will end at 12. Winners will be announced at 12:30. Cash, check, and credit card will be accepted.