Come join actor and long time runer Sean Astin (The Goonies, Rudy, Lord of the Rings) for the the Inaugural Run3rd 5k Run/Walk at Red Mountain High School in Mesa, Arizona. The race starts and finishes on the track, inside the recently refurbished Red Mountain HS Football Stadium. The course is a flat and fast loop around the surrounding Mesa Public Schools property. We're planning a race day expo and several local food trucks for our post race party/awards ceremony (age group and overall). There will be Run3rd race shirts and medals guaranteed for all participants who pre-register online!
For those unable to make it to the race, but still wanting to join in the Run3rd spirit, we also have a Virtual Race option for those interested! We'll ship your race shirt and medal out approximately one month after the event.
What is Run3rd? Run3rd is a global movement sharing dedications made on behalf of people's loved ones, causes and ideas. It was started by actor, activist and avid long distance runner Sean Astin in January 2012, and has grown to encompass thousands of runners, walkers and others around the globe who have taken its meaning and mission into their hearts. Proceeds from our event will benefit the Mesa Public Schools After-school Run Programs. To find out more about Run3rd, visit the Run3rd website or the Run3rd 5k website.
- $40 March 16th through April 8th, 2015
- $50 Registration during packet pick-up/race morning
- Fees for Virtual Run participants are the same as open registration
Mesa Public Schools Students:
- $30 March 16th through April 8th, 2015
- $40 Registration during packet pick-up/race morning
Event details and scheduleEvent Schedule:
Friday, April 10th, 2015
- 3pm – 7pm – Packet pick-up at Tribe Multisport in Mesa. Registration will be available at packet pick-up. (Click here for directions to Tribe)
Saturday, April 11th, 2015
- 6:30am – Day-of Registration and Check-in Begins
- 8am – Start of the Inagural Run3rd 5k Run/Walk
- Awards presentation to begin shortly after the race concludes
- 8am-12pm – Local vendors and race expo open on-site
There is plenty of parking at Red Mountain High School, and a map showing the race day layout can be found on our race website, www.run3rd5k.com Sadly, no dogs are permitted at the event due to Mesa Public Schools policy.
Monday May 11th, 2015
- Virtual Run Medals/Shirts will begin shipping out for out-of-town participants