Tails & Trails 5K is the only 5k catered to pet owners and their canines SOUTH of San Antonio, TX. This event started as a grass roots fundraising run that has resulted in over $50,000 donated to animal shelters in the Rio Grande Valley. This is a great opportunity to walk, jog, run and socialize with other animal lovers! Join us!
Event details and schedule
Tails & Trails is a family fun event catered to animal lovers. The event will be held on April 23, 2016 at La Vista Park in McAllen, TX. Here's what you can expect:
- 5K walk/run on the hike/bike trail, ending at La Visa Pavillion (there will be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place for RUNNERS w/out a DOG category, and a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place for RUNNERS w/dog category.
- Official Tails & Trails Race T-Shirt w/ Goodie Bag
- Homemade smoothies for all participants
- Homemade organic doggy treats for the canines
- Fun music, Photobooth, Pet Vendors
- Raffle Prizes
- All dogs must be leashed, or entrance will not be allowed
- EVENT continues RAIN or SHINE
Tails & Trails 5k RGV