Event details and schedule
On July 4, 2018 the Mammoth Track Club, a Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) subsidiary/non-profit 501-3C running club, will be hosting the 13th Annual Footloose Freedom Mile. The Footloose Freedom Mile is a one (1) mile road run staged 30 minutes before the Town of Mammoth Lakes parade along Old Mammoth Road. The race starts at the Snowcreek driving range and finishes near Footloose Sports at the corner of Old Mammoth Road and Main Street. The community of Mammoth Lakes has watched this event grow over the past decade, from over 150 participants in 2006 to 600+ in 2017! We are shooting for 800+ participants this year. The race has seen over 3500 participants in all 12 years combined.
Footloose Freedom Mile race facts and highlights:
- The race is contested 30 minutes before the Town of Mammoth Lakes Fourth of July parade in front of thousands of cheering spectators along Old Mammoth Road.
- The Footloose Freedom Mile course is certified by the United States of America Track and Field organization to ensure its accuracy.
- 2006 was the first Footloose Freedom Mile with just 170 participants.
- The Mammoth Track Club has donated more than $2000 to Disabled Sports of the Eastern Sierra for their help with the event.
- Entry fee for the 2018 event: early registration is $25 and race day registration is $30.
- 50% of the participants in the 2017 race were under the age of 12.
- Every participant will receive a commermorative cotton t-shirt, a small American flag to wave during the parade, a commemorative finisher medal and a bottle of water at the completion of the race.
- Race proceeds go to the Mammoth Track Club, youth and elite programs as well as the Mammoth High School Cross Country Running Programs.
Mammoth Track Club