On May 5, 2018, AIM4INDIA along with the Lubbock Food Truck Alliance will host the FOODIE 5K. This is more than the average race because in addition to a 5k and 1 mile run/walk, there will also be a food truck festival. Runners, walkers, and foodies are welcome!
Be sure to register early to guarantee your free t-shirt.
Registered participants will be guaranteed to receive a t-shirt if registered by April 27th!
There will be a few extra shirts ordered, but we can only guarantee shirts for those registered by April 27th.
- For those 13 and older, when you register for the race event, you will receive a cool t-shirt plus $5 in Food Truck Bucks to be redeemed at one of the many participating food vendors on the day of the event.
- For those 6 to 12, when you register for the 5k event, you will receive a cool (youth) t-shirt, $5 Food Truck Bucks (no Food Truck Bucks if you enter the 1 mile).
- Children under 6 are free. They are welcome to participate in the race event with a parent or guardian.
- Strollers are allowed.
- Bring your family, your friends, your coworkers, your neighbors, your appetite!
- Food Truck Rally will be located at the start/finish line and begins at 8 a.m. and runs until 12:30 p.m.
- Bring your lawn chairs and stay awhile. Kids are encouraged to attend! In addition to the 5k and 1 mile events, there will be several other kid-friendly activities.
- There will be awesome food available throughout the event.
- For those attending the Food Truck Rally only, we suggest donating items to benefit the guests of the Lubbock Grace campus.
- The $5 Food Truck Bucks can be redeemed at one of the many participating food vendors on the day of the event.
- Members of the Lubbock Food Truck Alliance attending the rally:
About Us: We are local runners seeking to raise awareness and to continue the mission of bringing hope through an education to the children of AIM KIDZ School in rural India. All proceeds and donations from the race-portion of this event will go directly to support AIM KIDZ School. Find more info at AIM4INDIA.org
Event details and schedule
Iris Ramirez, founder of faith-based health and fitness organization Foundations 6:19, will lead us in a pre-race warm up.
Race day registration begins at 8 a.m. at Mackenzie Park.
5K Run/Walk begins at 10:00 am The 1 miler begins at 10:30 a.m.
Prizes to the Top 3 Male/Female Finishers in the 5k.
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Cardinal's Sport Center
6524 Slide Rd
Lubbock, TX 7942
The race will take place rain or shine. However, in the event of inclement weather (tornadoes, hail, thunder and lightning,) we reserve the right to cancel. Individual registrations are nonrefundable nor transferable.
Virtual Run Details:
Maybe you want to participate in the FOODIE 5K event but can't be there, we understand. So, if you can't join us on race day and still want to run, get the packet and t-shirt then you still can! Here is your chance to take part in this event no matter where you are! And of course, all prices include shipping! Please note that all items will ship before the race.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS RACE-DAY REGISTRATION; HOWEVER, WE RECOMMEND PRE-REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS PICKUP THEIR EVENT PACKETS FRIDAY AT “PACKET PICK-UP.”(TBD)
Pre-registered participants may pick up their packet on race morning at the registration area near the start/finish.
This is not an USATF certified course, and is not Chip timed.