A not-so-traditional run in Iroquois Park with an amazing after-party. This run isn't about who's the fastest. This is simply about having fun, acting like your crazy self, and oh having a few beers along the course. Every .75 mile you'll be treated to a specialty beer sampling. Once you've made it through the 5K course, we'll welcome you at the after-party with your choice of a 16oz beer. We'll continue the party with music, food, and plenty of drink all while benefiting Olmsted Parks.
That's not all! Every participant receives a 16oz Louisville Beer Run glass and an authentic Lousiville Beer Run t-shirt included with a paid registration. Additional glasses and shirts are available for purchase.
Please note, this event is restricted to individuals who are 21 years of age or older as of the day of the event.
**All Sales are final. There are absolutely no refunds for this event once you purchase your registration - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you email us asking for a refund, you'll be directed to this no refund policy.
Event details and schedule
- Please bring your ID to this event. The ABC and the police require that we verify EVERYONE'S age. No ID = No participation. If you have lost your ID please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so we can verify your age another way.
- Strollers and pets are welcome. If your dog doesn't play nice with others, please give him or her the day off :)
- There will be food available before and after the run for a small fee.
- Beer sales will start at 9:00 AM and continue to 2:00 PM or later depending on volume. Miller Lite will be $4.00 and all craft beer will be $5.00 (all 16oz pours and we accept cash or credit). You do get 1 beer at no charge with registration - your bib will have a tear off. If you purchased a VIP ticket you get 3 with registration. You'll have a special VIP bracelet with tear-off beer tickets.
- If you purchased a VIP ticket please get in the VIP check-in line when you arrive. It will be marked and volunteers can assist you.
- Check out our merchandise tent for awesome LBR gear including hoodies, beanies, shot glasses, etc. We accept cash or credit card.
- Please see the course map below. The numbers identify the beer stops and 2P is where the porta-lets will be on the course.
- Beer stop 1: West Sixth IPA
- Beer stop 2: West Sixth Cocoa Porter
- Beer stop 3: Braxton Storm
- Beer stop 4: Great Flood Blonde Ale
Active or Former Military Participants:
- We greatly appreciate your choice to spend Veterans Day with us. After you finish the run, please go to the Merchandise tent for your gift. (Make sure you have your military ID)
The Park Location:
You'll want to come into Iroquois Park from the New Cut Rd entrance. We'll have registration and check in tables near the amphitheater. We'll have volunteers directing you. If you need it, the address to the park is 5216 New Cut Rd., 40214
Packet Pickup and Check-in:
We'll have open registration and check-in available at 8:30 AM. We do ask that you arrive one hour prior to your start time.
Packet pick-up is day of the run only.
Check-in will take place near the amphitheater.
At check in you'll receive your t-shirt and bib #. Due to the nature of this event we are required to check your ID prior to participation - so make sure your bring that ID. You will receive a LBR bracelet that must be worn during the run and after party.
The run takes place in the park on the road that loops around close to 3.5 miles. The race is 3.1 miles. Beer stops are located about every .75 mile. Please only take one sample per stop.
You'll receive your 16oz beer run glass at the finish when you go to get your complimentary 16oz beer. Your running bib will have a tear-off for this beer. Please do not tear off until you get to the beer booth which will be near the finish.
Please stay and join us for the after-party which will take place near the amphitheater from 10:30 - 2:00 PM. We will have music and awards. Beer sales will continue throughout the after-party and we'll also have a food truck there as well.
**Your safety is our primary concern. We encourage everyone to please designate a driver. This is going to be a very fun day -- don't take a chance on letting it end badly. If you need to arrange transportation, simply find any volunteer and we'll be happy to call a cab for you or your team.
Fun Runs LLC