- Contact: Georgiana Bower at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee: $195
- ALL abilities are encouraged to attend. Dave has the unique ability to put beginning walkers at ease while getting them up to speed, while at the same time challenging more advanced racewalkers to excel.
- Please register early! Some clinics fill up early; others are subject to cancellation if fewer than 12 participants are registered within two weeks of the clinic. Also, if enough people sign up early Dave can arrange for special guest instructors to help out. Want an Olympian at your clinic? Sign up early!
- Recent guest clinicians and coaches have included Olympic silver medalist Aigars Fadejevs, 3-time Olympian Philip Dunn, 2-time Olympian Tim Seaman, US Women's American 50k Record-Holder Susan Armenta, Australian Commonwealth Games and World Cup team member Simone Wolowiec, Biomechanist/shoe designer, and World and Pan American Racewalk Cup team member Ian Whatley, World and Pan American Racewalk Cup Team member Dan Serianni, US National Team and Pan American Racewalk Cup Team members Loretta Schuellein-McGovern and Susan Randall, US National Team member Carolyn Kealty, US 75-Kilometer and 50-Mile Racewalk Record-Holder Augie Hirt, US Women's 50-Mile and 100-Mile Racewalk Record-Holder Lizzy Salvato, and four-time US World Cup Team member Steve Pecinovsky.
- Free merchandise and drawings from Brooks Shoes, Polar Heart Rate Monitors, PowerBar and more!
- Typical clinic schedule
- Dave's Bio
Event details and schedule
Tentative Agenda:Saturday: 9:00 - 11:30 - Technique work at the "track". Location still TBD. We should have this nailed down by Wednesday. 11:30-12:30 - Shoe store visit/talk - Running Revolution 511 E Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA 12:30-1:30 - Lunch 1:30-3:30 - Technique review, then brief intro. to training talk - Sports Basement - 1875 S Bascom Ave, Suite 240 - The Pruneyard Shopping Center Campbell, CA, 95008 4:00 - 5:00 - Technique fine-tuning - Location TBD. Sunday 8:00 - 10:30 - Heart Rate Test/Workout at the track - Los Gatos High School Track - 73 New York Ave, Los Gatos, CA 95030 10:30 - 12:00 - "Brunch" break. 12:00 - 4:00 Physiology/training talk at Sports Basement followed by Training schedule design/wrap-up at Sports Basement.
World Class Racewalking