Internet Registration has not begun yet. Check Registration Dates in details.
Thank you for your interest in Litchfield Park Recreation Center's American Red Cross Lifeguarding course!
The course will be held at:
Litchfield Park Recreation Center
100 S Old Litchfield Rd.
Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
Those that complete the prerequisite swimming skills evaluation and class will receive a two (2) year certification in Lifeguarding/CPR/AED/First-Aid by the American Red Cross.
R equirements : Participants MUST be at least 15 years old to enroll in class and successfully complete all aspects of the prerequisite testing.
Prerequisite Testing (held on the first day of class)
- Pass a 300 yard swim (freestyle & breaststroke are the only swim strokes permitted)
- Timed swim and brick retrieval from a 10ft depth (1min 40sec)
- No hands tread for 2 minutes in deep water
- Friday, April 1 / 5pm - 7pm Prerequisite Test Out
- Saturday, April 2 / 10am - 5pm
- Sunday, April 3 / 12pm - 5pm
- Friday, April 8 / 5pm - 8pm
- Saturday, April 9 / 10am - 5pm
Look no further! If you are interested in working at the Litchfield Park Rec Center pool, there will be a hiring event on the last day of class. Applications will be available March 2022 on litchfield-park.org . *Completing the lifeguard course does not guarantee employment with the City of Litchfield Park*
If you have questions please contact the Aquatics Department .
LP Lifeguard Room at Litchfield Park Recreation Center
LP Pool at Litchfield Park Recreation Center
Annual Registration Fee
or Annual Registration Fee
Litchfield Park Staff