Online registration for this event has now closed. If you wish to register for this event please do so at Riverbend Prep Academy (map) on Wednesday, November 22nd between the hours of 1pm and 7pm.
Start off your Thanksgiving and with an invigorating 5K, 1 mile fun walk/run or kids’ dash in Laveen! This 5K (3.1 mile) run/walk is GREAT because it is a timed (with running chip) event for experienced runners but also developed for those who have NEVER run before or who choose to walk.
Come join us and celebrate something that we can truly be thankful for:
Riverbend Prep Academy has joined with the Laveen Community Council to host the Laveen Turkey Trot & Kids Dash. Their common goal to bring Laveen closer together and support the community to get healthy and active makes this a perfect partnership. Proceeds from this event will be going to the Laveen Community Council and Riverbend Prep Academy.
Event details and schedule
The Turkey Trot will begin and end on the track at Cesar Chavez High School Stadium. The route will wind through Cesar Chavez Park where you can enjoy the beautiful views. The 1 mile run will also begin and end on the track. The FREE Kids Dash will be located on the football field in the middle of the track and while it is free, all parents must register their child beginning at 7:00AM on November 23, 2017.
Riverbend Prep Academy is a small (K-8) public, charter school located in Laveen. Riverbend’s mission is not only to develop life-long learners who are prepared to contribute purposefully to society; but also to be a school that contributes to the value and well-being of its community.
The Laveen Community Council is dedicated to the community of Laveen and its surrounding areas. They are a 100% volunteer-based organization and all money earned helps to fund youth programs, create a connected community, and build neighborhoods of which we can all be proud.
Can't join us for the run and/or want to help even more. Every donation is welcome to support the Riverbend Prep Academy and programs provided by the Laveen Community Council.
What You Get!
- Timed race with custom event bib and chip timer
- Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-shirt (guaranteed if registered by 11/7 otherwise while supplies last)
- Medals for top three finishers in each age group
- Finisher's ribbon
- Post-race “runners brunch” (bagels, fruit, water, etc.)
- Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple andGoogle)
- Custom event Dri-fit tech t-shirt (guaranteed if registered by 11/7 otherwise while supplies last)
- Post-race “runners brunch"
To register by mail please complete and return our Mail-in Registration Form!
To register in person please visit:
Riverbend Prep Academy (map)
- 5625 S. 51st Ave. Laveen, AZ 85339
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4pm
- Cash/Check Only
Race Day Registration
Race day registration will be available on site the morning of the event (cash & check only). Race day registration prices will be:
- 5K - $40
- 1 Mile - $20
Packet Pick-Up Opportunities
You will have two opportunities to pick-up your race packet (bib, chip, event swag, etc):
Wednesday, November 22nd
- 1:00PM – 7:00PM Packet pick-up at Riverbend Prep Academy (gymnasium).
- Riverbend is located at 5625 S. 51st Ave, Laveen, AZ 85339
- Thursday, November 23rd starting at 7:00am at Cesar Chavez High School (event site)
November 22 01:00 PM - Packet Pick-Up at Riverbend Prep Academy
November 23 07:00 AM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
November 23 08:00 AM - 5K Start Time
November 23 08:10 AM - 1 Mile Fun Run
November 23 08:45 AM - FREE Kids Dash
November 23 09:00 AM - Awards Ceremony (approximate)
StartLine Sports LLC