Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Fort Steilacoom Park8714 87th Ave SW Lakewood, WA 98498
2019 Lakewood Half Marathon
Just TRI-7 Mile, 5K and Free 1-Mile Kids Fun Run
September 15th, Fort Steilacoom Park
The past 2 years the racecourse was into Steilacoom and had ~3X the amount of ascent. The trail run portion in Fort Steilacoom Park (FSP) was…challenging. The course was tough! This year the course has been completely redesigned, it’s flatter, faster – much less steep-up-down-hills. The course winds its way to Oakbrook Park and to the Oakbrook Golf Course – which means there are a lot of tree shaded areas. It’s still no push over, but it’s more user friendly and ultimately a much better course.
The neighborhood streets of Lakewood are utilized and are accessed via the tunnel leading into Western State Hospital. YES, Western State has permitted the use through their campus and are even providing traffic control. The 7 Mile course turn around point is Oakbrook park, while the Half continues to the golf course and back to FSP, via the same route. There are two loops around Waughop Lake – 1 loop for all distances and 2 for the Half. The course in FSP is on the multi-use trails and very suitable for strollers and pets. That’s correct, Stroller and Pets are allowed! Best suited for the 5K but are permitted on the Half and 7 Mile run! The 5K and free 1 Mile Kids Fun Run are both completely inside FSP.
RACE DATE: Sunday, September 15th, 2019
Start Time for the Half, 7 Mile & 5K: 8AM
Kids Run will start at 8:45AM
Location: Fort Steilacoom Park
Water and Gatorade aid stations will be setup throughout the course. Athletes will finish through the big Just TRI Finish arch and receive the coveted Just TRI Half Marathon "Dragon" Finisher Medal, T-Shirt and swag. The Kids - 10 and under Run FREE and Receive a medal...Dragon Shirts will be available for purchase.
Wait, what? YES! Cash prizes…the Just TRI Staff has hidden 4 idols, each with $25.00 along the course. Why? Because we want you to win and by finding the hidden idols, you win! There will be 4 hidden idols, one for each course – The Half, the 7-Mile, the 5K, and the Kids 1 Mile run – Turn the idol in at the finish to the Race Director and receive Cash. Cold Hard, Cash! Look for clues on Just TRI’s Face Book page. Look for details of the 2019 Cash Just TRI Hidden Idol contest! Look for clues we post on Facebook throughout the year.
The Just TRI-7 Mile Run…The Dragon!
"2019 Dragon 3D"
Just TRI host’s the 2019 Dragon Series! This will be Dragon #3 It's like a 10K (6.2 miles) except it's 7 miles! Yes, it's just a bit longer. One mile for each letter of Just TRI. This distance was designed for runners of all skill sets but be ready to take on the various challenging hills. The JustTRI-7 is part of a 7-run series called the Dragon Series. 2019 has 3 Dragons and this is the 3rd Dragon Run! 2019 is the Dragon 3D!
5K Fun Run – Same place, same time!
The 5K course will follow right along with the Dragon 7 Mile and the Half marathon runners! You will have a nice flat run along the beautiful shores of Waughop Lake. 5K runners get a great looking Dragon medal too!
Free 1 Mile Kids run
We always like to do this for the kids! All participants - 10 and under - run for free! They will receive a great looking Dragon Medal. Parents, pets, and all are welcome and encouraged to complete this fun race. It’s Free! It’s Fun! It’s for the whole family!
During the race:
- Please be sure to review the course! The Staff will know the course, but it is up to the athlete to know all the course details!
- Athlete – Day of Race - Check in will start at 6AM at Shelter 1, at FORT STEILACOOM PARK!
- Day of the race check in gets crazy! We try to streamline this process as much as possible. Bib numbers for people wanting to register on the day of the race will be preassigned in our system. No additional swag will be handed out at this time – just the shirt and number. Come get Additional SWAG at Topside at the normal Packet Pick up.
- Course maps will be posted at packet pick up and at Day of Reg.
- Crunch Fitness will conduct a warm-up session for the races. They will have snacks and water.
- A Band! The band this year will be Inverno Entertainment Northwest. Same band that was at Black Hills Triathlon. The Band will have motivational music and we like to start promptly at 8AM (Half. 7 mile, and 5K).
- The Free Kids 1 mile will start at 8:45. This way the 5K participants will finish their race and will be able to watch the kids run. The kids run will be really simple and is just for their fun. Kids get a bid number, and all finishers get a medal. Kids won’t be timed and do not get a shirt - Shirts are available for purchase.
Help us promote the Race!
We did this promotion in 2018 and will do it again in 2019!
1. Sign up a friend and get an Insulated Polar 20oz water bottle and a pocket size Body Glide. The perfect set up for a Half marathon, 7 Mile or 5K run or walk!
3. Email the Just TRI Pro Staff the message: "My friend...NAME...Just Registered" to: Justtriswimbikerun@gmail.com
You will receive your water bottle and body glide items at the race!!!
Limited to 20 participants!
Half Marathon: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - male and female
Just TRI-7 Dragon: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place – male and female
5K: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - male and female
Age Group awards; awarded to Half Marathoneers and 7 Mile Participants - not the 5K: Under 20, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 & over 60.
We need your support! It’s easy money! Bring 10 volunteers out and JustTRI will make a $100.00 donation to your non-profit organization. There is no easier way to earn money for you group!! We do this for all our events and people LOVE IT! Want another way to make money for your non-profit…Contact the Race Director.
Packet Pick up:
Topside Bar & Grill
Saturday, September 14th, from 3:00-5:30
YOU GET MUCH EXTRA SWAG WHEN YOU COME TO PACKET PICK UP AS OPPOSED TO RACE DAY!
Come on over to Topside and have Dinner and check out the Course Maps!
There are no refunds for this race. We certainly understand injuries occur and life happens, therefore you will be able to transfer your registration to another Just TRI Running event. Please Email the Race Director for this option at: JustTriDragon@gmail.com
Event Website: RunLakewood.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK AND LOOK FOR OUR UPDATES