Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Town Center Mall400 Barrett Parkway Kennesaw, GA 30144
Glow it up BLUE and support Autism awareness! We will give you a virtual BLUE out with blue glow, blue lights and effects, and more! Add in music stations on the course, and you are sure to have a great time! All participants get a cool shirt. ALL 5K FINISHERS ALSO GET OUR CUSTOM FINISHER MEDAL!
BOTH THE LIVE AND VIRTUAL RUNS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR POINTS IN THE RUN AND SEE GEORGIA GRAND PRIX!
Event details and schedule
1K Begins at 830pm with the 5K at 900pm. Both courses stay completely on mall property. The 5K will be a Peachtree Qualifier! (Course certification pending) This a a NEW 5K course that is a single loop, and very fast!
REFUND POLICY - No refunds and no transfers are allowed for this event. In the unlikely event of a postponement or cancellation due to Force Majuere, complete instructions will be sent to you via email regarding alternatives, should alternatives be available.
SUBMITTING YOUR TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL RUN
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 10/10 and 10/16. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to email@example.com within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "Glow It Up Blue 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in.
We will announce soon the date/time of the packet pickup for both the live race and the virtual run. If you choose to run virtually and do not pick up your items, they will be mailed out 7-10 days post race. We highy encourage you to pick up at the early pickup, if possible. For the live race participants, there will be an additional option to pick up race night at the start, but, again, we highly encourage you to pick up your items early and save time/congestion on race night. You WILL be able to pick up for friends/family.
When you pick up your shirt/bib, you will also receive your finisher medal at that time.
Items will not be mailed to live run participants if they are not picked up.
RULES OF THE RUN
- While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do NOT arrive more than 30-45 min prior to the start, and stay in your cars while waiting.
- You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate.
- All our staff will wear masks to further enhance safety measures.
- We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants off in smaller groups every 30-60 seconds. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time.
- Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Complete results will be posted that night on active.com and they will be sent to you via email. Awards will be given to overall and to age group winners in various age groups, but we will mail awards to winners.
- Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended should you be passed by another runner or are passing another runner. Masks / face coverings will be required while you are waiting to start.
- Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue.
- We strongly encourage you to plan for your own hydration needs, especially on the course. You will get one bottle of water at the finish line.
- ALL particpants must sign the online waiver before race weekend. If we do not have a signed waiver, you cannot participate, and your race number will be pulled. Each person must sign their own waiver (or a parent/guardian if participant is under 18).
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions. Complete CDC guidelines can be found HERE
- The event has a 300 runner capacity, with only 6-8 people starting at a time. Once the race is sold out, it is sold out. No exceptions will be made.