Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Barrett Summit1990 Vaughn Rd Kennesaw, GA 30144
THE 2020 LOCOMOTIVE HALF MARATHON / 5K WILL BE A LIVE RACE!!
After a LOT of planning, we are proud to announce we will be able to bring this race to you as a live race at their full distance! As we have all learned from 2020, flexibility is the key. Our "Rules of the Run" are listed below, and we will continue to add more fun as we get closer and as restrictions lift.
- There will be a total of 8 water stops on the half marathon course (one for the 5K) but it must be served in bottles. There are trash cans on the course, so please dispose of the bottles properly.
- We are working hard to make the pasta party happen like always. We will have a better idea of how this will look once we get a little closer to race day, based on COVID restrictions at the time.
- To limit congestion on race morning, we will offer multiple dates to pick up your number and shirt. Exact locations/times TBD but our friends at Big Peach Running Co. will be the host.
- There will be refreshments at the finish.
- Now that we have the official go ahead, we are working on room blocks from our local hotels. Stay tuned as we work on securing the best possible prices.
NEW THIS YEAR..... THE MARATHON CHALLENGE!!
Since we had so much fun with the hybrid model for the Iron Horse 15K, and we always thought about adding a full marathon to this race, we thought for 2020, let's combine the two ideas! Thus, the Marathon Challenge is born! Sign up for the challenge, and complete a virtual half marathon anytime between Dec. 1-10, and the LIVE half marathon on Dec. 13th, to complete the challenge! This will have its own awards (though you are also eligible for awards in the LIVE half marathon), and for you efforts you will receive a special edition hoodie, car magnet, and some great bragging rights! Please note, the virtual half marathon time submission instructions are below.
ALREADY SIGNED UP AND WANT TO UPGRADE TO THE MARATHON CHALLENGE?? Email email@example.com for assistance.
NOT READY TO RACE "LIVE" JUST YET? NO WORRIES! All race options are available to race virtually from anywhere in the world! Complete instructions on how to submit your time are below.
Event details and schedule
Half Marathoners get a long sleeve shirt, and custom finisher medal! 5K participants get a short sleeve shirt and finisher medal.
Half Marathon starts at 730am, 5K at 8am. ROADS CLOSE AT 7AM AROUND THE VENUE SO PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY!
Plenty of FREE parking on site at the start at Barrett Summit!
The 5K course is flat and fast, and the half is relatively flat in the first third, rolling in the second third, and relatively flat in the last third. BOTH courses are USATF certified! There are 8 water stops on the course as well as portojohns at the midpoint.
The cutoff time is 3 hours 15 minutes for the Half Marathon; there is no cutoff for the 5K. Half Marathoners must maintain a pace of 15 min per mile to stay on the course.
Beast Pacing will be back once again to help you hit your time goals! No sign up necessary... just join the pace group race morning! (They will have signs for all the different pace groups!)
SUBMITTING YOUR TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL RUN
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 12/1 and 12/10. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "Locomotive Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in. Also please be sure to include which event you signed up for (5K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon).
RULES OF THE RUN (Please note these are subject to change as restrictions ease up. We will keep you updated.)
- While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do NOT arrive more than 30-45 min prior to the start, and stay in your cars while waiting.
- You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate.
- All our staff will wear masks to further enhance safety measures.
- We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants off in smaller groups every 30-60 seconds. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time.
- Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Complete results will be posted that night on active.com and they will be sent to you via email. Awards will be given to overall and to age group winners in various age groups, but we will mail awards to winners.
- Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended should you be passed by another runner or are passing another runner. Masks / face coverings will be required while you are waiting to start.
- Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue.
- We strongly encourage you to plan for your own hydration needs, especially on the course. You will get one bottle of water at the finish line.
- ALL particpants must sign the online waiver before race weekend. If we do not have a signed waiver, you cannot participate, and your race number will be pulled. Each person must sign their own waiver (or a parent/guardian if participant is under 18).
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions. Complete CDC guidelines can be found HERE
- The event has a strict live runner capacity. Once the race is sold out, it is sold out. No exceptions will be made.
REFUND POLICY - No refunds and no transfers are allowed for this event. In the unlikely event of a postponement or cancellation due to Force Majuere, complete instructions will be sent to you via email regarding alternatives, should alternatives be available.