THE LIVE VERSION OF FIRST WATCH LOCOMOTIVE HALF MARATHON / 5K IS SOLD OUT, AND THERE WILL BE NO MORE ONLINE OR WALKUP REGISTRATION. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE VIRTUAL OPTION PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org BY THIS THURSDAY NIGHT.
COMPLETE RACE INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. THEY HAVE ALSO BEEN EMAILED TO YOU IF YOU HAD ALREADY REGISTERED.
Event details and schedule
Half Marathoners get a long sleeve shirt, and custom finisher medal! 5K participants get a short sleeve shirt and finisher medal.
Half Marathon starts at 730am, 5K at 8am. ROADS CLOSE AT 7AM AROUND THE VENUE SO PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY!
Plenty of FREE parking on site at the start at Barrett Summit!
The 5K course is flat and fast, and the half is relatively flat in the first third, rolling in the second third, and relatively flat in the last third. BOTH courses are USATF certified! There are 8 water stops on the course as well as portojohns at the midpoint.
The cutoff time is 3 hours 15 minutes for the Half Marathon; there is no cutoff for the 5K. Half Marathoners must maintain a pace of 15 min per mile to stay on the course.
As COVID conditions change almost daily, we STRONGLY recommend you plan to come to one of the three early pickup options below.
1. Thursday 12/10 from 3-7pm at Big Peach Running Co. 5530 Windward Pkwy in Alpharetta
2. Friday 12/11 from 3-8pm at Big Peach Running Co. 1062 Johnson Ferry Rd in Marietta
3. Saturday 12/12 from 10am-3pm at Big Peach Running Co. 1625 Ridenour Blvd in Kennesaw
At all three locations you will be able to pick up your shirt/bib/medal, and if you ran the Marathon Challenge you will get your extra swag there as well.
As we do every year, we will have previous race swag available for purchase, and all the proceeds go to charity. This year we will donate to NR2F1.org, a cause that is very near and dear to us. This is a great opportunity to pick up some extra shirts, etc. Items are $5 each, or 5 for only $20!
Our friends at Big Peach Running Co. will also have special sales for our participants. Stop in and stock up on winter gear, last minute race items/nutrition, and more!
IF YOU SIGNED UP AS A VIRTUAL RUNNER... you are welcome to come to one of the three options as well! Swag for virtual runners that is not picked up ahead of time will be mailed 7-10 days after the race.
If you did not sign up to run virtually and you do not pick up your swag, we cannot mail out any items.
SUBMITTING YOUR TIME FOR THE VIRTUAL RUN
You will be able to submit your time anytime between 12/1 and 12/10. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk the race distance anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to email@example.com within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "Locomotive Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in. Also please be sure to include which event you signed up for (5K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon).
RULES OF THE RUN (Please note these are subject to change as restrictions ease up. We will keep you updated.)
- While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do NOT arrive more than 30-45 min prior to the start, and stay in your cars while waiting.
- You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate.
- All our staff will wear masks to further enhance safety measures.
- We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants off in smaller groups every 30-60 seconds. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time.
- Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Complete results will be posted that night on active.com and they will be sent to you via email. Awards will be given to overall and to age group winners in various age groups, but we will mail awards to winners.
- Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended should you be passed by another runner or are passing another runner. Masks / face coverings will be required while you are waiting to start.
- Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue.
- ALL particpants must sign the online waiver before race weekend. If we do not have a signed waiver, you cannot participate, and your race number will be pulled. Each person must sign their own waiver (or a parent/guardian if participant is under 18).
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions. Complete CDC guidelines can be found HERE
- The event has a strict live runner capacity. Once the race is sold out, it is sold out. No exceptions will be made.
REFUND POLICY - No refunds and no transfers are allowed for this event. In the unlikely event of a postponement or cancellation due to Force Majuere, complete instructions will be sent to you via email regarding alternatives, should alternatives be available.