Our 5K Run/Walk race route travels through scenic Downtown Kennebunk, Maine, and benefits the Kennebunk Free Library.
The race has grown since its start in 1998 with under 75 participants-now we're eclipsing 600! The Kennebunk community rallies around this event with sponsorships, donating race day needs and by providing raffle items and services. Prizes are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall winners in the Men's and Women's divisions for walking and running. Certificates of completion with finish times are available.
Active Duty Military and Seniors who are 65+ by race day and preregister online receive a discount.
All participants receive:
- Free supper to registered participants (small fee for others).
- Beer & Wine tent (with positive ID).
- Fabulous goodie bags and T-shirts to the first 200 registrants.
- Incredible raffles for items & services.
- Outdoor showers.
- Free outdoor concert by the Kennebunk River Band.
- Massage therapists for adult race participants.
Event details and schedule
Race Starts at 6:00 PM
You may park south on Main Street in front of Kennebunk Savings Bank; in the Kennebunk Savings Bank parking lots (across the street and behind the library); in the municipal parking lot diagonally across the street from the library, the municipal parking behind the Waterhouse Pavilion on Main Street, and the municipal lot off Garden Street.
Friday the 13th Team Registration
This year we're having some fun with our Friday the 13th date. The team leader for each group of 13 will receive 13 tickets for our amazing raffles! Make sure to include the name of your team during your registration and also indicate in this same spot if you're a team leader. An additional team benefit includes pre-race delivery of your bibs, t-shirts and goodie bags(as long as you're among the first 200 to sign-up) to a designated team location within 15 miles of the library. Deadline for this option is June 1.
Fees and Deadlines
- By mail or in person--rec'd BEFORE 8 PM on 7/11: $25 Adults; $15 Youth (14 & Under). Online at active.com: rec'd BEFORE Midnight on 7/11: $18 Seniors and Active Duty Military (discount available online ONLY; must be 65+ on race day) • $20 Adults • $10 Youth (14 & under)
- Race-day: $30 Adults; $15 Youth (14 & under) cash, check or credit card.
Kennebunk Free Library