Join us in Johns Creek/Cumming for a great morning with a 5K, music and food all to benefit Mustard Seed Communities in Nicaragua!
The 5K starts at 8 AM and we'll have great shirts; and awards for the overall M/F, overall masters's M/F and the top three in all the normal five year age groups from 10 & under to 75+. Serious and recreational runners, walkers and strollers are all welcome!
Event details and schedule
We had a great time last year (and the year before)...check out our 2016 race video.
Virtual Race Option
Can't make it out to the event site on race day?
Still want to participate and have a shot at an award?
Or Maybe your just in love with the shirt or the cause?
Then the virtual race is for you.
Here's how it works.
- Register for the Virtual division
- Start Training
- The week of the event you'll recieve your bib via email or USPS.
- The day before the race you'll recieve instructions & a link to submit your race time
- Sumbit your race time by end of race day
- The day after the race results (Virtual Runner division) will be posted online
- Monday after the race you'll recieve an email with a link to the results & any pictures.
- Monday after the race we'll package up all the T-shirts & medals and put them in the mail.
Proceeds go to support the Saint Brigid Mustard Seed Ministry dedicated to supporting the work of Mustard Seed Communities in Nicaragua serving abandoned children with disabilities and uplifting marginalized communities. www.mustardseed.com
Entry Fee & Registration
Early Bird 5K...through June 30th...$25
Regular 5K...July 1st - August 10th - $27
5K...No Swag...$20 (Same great race...no shirt)
Raffle Tickets - purchase tickets to win one of many awesome Gift Cards! Purchase more tickets to increase your chances!
$2 - one raffle ticket
$5 - six raffle tickets
$20 - 15 raffle tickets
Virtual runners are also welcome…but you'll need to pick up your shirt at St. Brigid Catholic Church in Johns Creek.
Race day registrations are welcome for $5 additional (shirts will be available while supplies last).
Course & Timing
We're in North Georgia, and there's not much that anyone can call flat & fast..But this is a pretty course and the bulk of it is flat...just a few short hills.
USATF Certified course & AJC Peachtree Qualifier
Awards & Goodies
Great Custom Award Medals in the following categories:
- Overall M/F
- Overall Master's M/F
- Top 3 in each of the normal 5 year age groups 10 & Under through 75+.
- Awesome race shirts (guaranteed in your size if you register by 8/4), afterwards they're available while supplies last.
- We'll also have a race day raffle with great prizes!
Yes, you can bring your friends, so grab people you know (or don't know). Share your morning with other like minded folks and score a great donation to your favorite cause.
Here's how it works:
1. Create your team when the 1st person registers
2. Get everyone together to join your team
3. Your organization gets a check for the percenatge of your teams total entry fees (based on the list above) after the race is complete
We have several Bib/Packet pickup options available for you.
Bib Mail Out...for $2.50 you can have your bib mailed straight to your front door. We'll be sending them out on Monday of race week, and you can sleep in a few extra minutes on race morning...just show up with enough time to get in the start coral. Once you finish, you can pick up your shirt and any goodies that might also be included.
Early Packet pickup...Aug 10th from 10am - 2pm Road Runner Sports (new location!) at 5275 Peachtree Parkway, Norcross GA. Take advantage and get 10% off your purchase in-store, 20% off for VIPs!
Race Day Pickup...Check in opens at 7:00 am on race morning. Be sure to arrive closer to 7:00 am than 8:00 am. We'll get you your bib, and then after you cross the finish line you can get your shirt and any goodies.
Five Star Championships & Turkey Trot
Top finishers will earn a spot in the championships to be held in Jan. 2020. The number of spots available is based on the total registration.
All participants will automatically qualify for FREE entry into the Five Star Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot. see event website for details.
Event Courtesy & Refund Policy
- Our events are designed to be fun and for the entire family. With that in mind any competitor, spectator, parent, volunteer, or sponsor, exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct or interfering with the positive, competitive atmosphere of the event will be asked to leave the venue and course immediately with no refunds.
- All Registrations are final...We're sorry, but there are no refunds, deferments, or transfers.
August 4 11:59 PM EDT - Last day for guaranteed Shirt in your size
August 10 10:00 AM EDT - Early Packet Pickup
August 11 7:00 AM EDT - Race Day Registration & Check in opens
August 11 8:00 AM EDT - 5K Starts
Five Star NTP