Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
The Newport Liberty Half is now an NYCRUNS race and better than ever!
Starting and finishing in downtown Newport, the course will take you on a tour of historic Jersey City and will feature world- class views of the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge and the stunning Manhattan Skyline.
If you've run this great race before, expect some changes! This year, the race will include exceptional amenities, increased course support, and four different split points. After PRing on the fast, flat course, plan for an epic post-race celebration at Newport Green with plenty of refreshments, music and more!
Event details and scheduleTHE COURSE
The race starts and finishes at Newport Green Park hard by the Hudson River in Jersey City, visits Liberty State park, and adds in a tour of Jersey City's more historic neighborhoods. Fast, flat, and of course - USATF certified. Of course we will have:
- Split (timing) points at the 5K, 10K, 15K, and 20K marks
- Hydration stations no less than every 1.5 miles (Gatorade available at all before mile 12)
- Pacers provided by the Marlboro Running Club for the following times: 1:25, 1:30, 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, and 3:00.The Marlboro Running Club is based out of Marlboro township in Central New Jersey. There are currently over 280 members. The Marlboro Running club is for runners on all levels to chat, learn, share, motivate and RUN. We even have supervised group runs for kid.
Changes may be made to the course between now and race day
Bag check and toilets will be provided. Water and Gatorade will be available on the course, and bagels, spreads, fresh fruit and more will make up the usual great NYCRUNS post-race spread at the finish line. The giveaway for this race will be a great short sleeve tech t-shirt*. All finishers will receive a medal. Free finish line photos and video will be available on your results page within a week of the race.
* In order to cut down on waste, we try not to overorder and sizes are not guaranteed. We recommend you pick up as early as possible to ensure you get your size. Prior to the race size swaps will not be allowed. They will be allowed after the race starts.
* In order to cut down on waste, we try not to overorder and sizes are not guaranteed. We recommend you select bib and shirt mailing, or pick up as early as possible to ensure you get your size. Prior to the race size swaps will not be allowed. They will be allowed after the race starts.
Pre-race pickup will be available in Manhattan and Newport. Pickup in Manhattan will be on Friday and in Newport on Saturday. Exact times and locations are TBD.
Race-day packet pickup will be available in the festival area at Newport Green Park, starting at 6:30 AM and ending at 8:15 AM.
BIB & SHIRT MAILING
If registering on or before August 14, you can choose to have your bib and shirt mailed to you for an additional fee of $25. You must choose this option when registering; shipping to domestic US addresses only.
Bib and shirt mailing is included when you become a VIP!
BE A VIP
Upgrade your Newport Liberty Half Marathon experience and become a VIP! In addition to the standard amenities, VIPs will also enjoy:
- Entry for yourself and one guest (not another participant) to a private pre and post-race area on race day that includes tables, chairs, VIP only port-a-potties, and dedicated food and hydration for VIPs and guests only
- Exclusive VIP-only giveaway
- Your bib & shirt mailed to you before the race (domestic US shipping only) – skip the lines at packet pickup!
- Your name printed on your bib
- Guaranteed entry into the 2021 Newport Liberty Half Marathon
All of this for just an additional $100! Simply select “VIP” on the registration form. VIP spots are limited, so don’t miss out.
See chart below. NYCRUNS members receive a 10% discount, race deferral rights, and other perks. Race day registration (if available) is cash or credit, no checks please. Register early to make things easier for us and cheaper for you!
|Race Day & Packet Pickup (if available)||$120|
RESULTS, AWARDS, FINISH LINE PHOTOS & VIDEO
Awards will be given to the top three overall male and female finishers as well as the top three male and female finishers in each of the following age groups: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-55, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80 and over.
Finish line photos and video will also be available on the results page. These may not be published for several days.
Want to race this one for free? Volunteer at any of these upcoming events! Or in lieu of credit for yourself, you can have us donate $25 to a cause partner of your choice. What's this all about, anyway? Learn more about the volunteer program here.
From Manhattan: Take the Holland Tunnel. Upon exiting in Jersey City, make the first right at the Hess service station. Make a right onto 18th Street which becomes Washington Boulevard. Proceed south. At Newport Parkway, follow race parking signs.
From New Jersey: Take the New Jersey Turnpike Extension (from NJ Turnpike North or South or Rt. 78 East) to Exit 14C. After coming down the ramp, make right at traffic light onto Jersey Avenue. Bear left onto 11th Street Viaduct which becomes Newport Parkway. Pass Newport Centre Mall on right. Make right onto Washington Boulevard. Follow race parking signs.
Parking: Garage is located at 561 Washington Blvd. Parking is free if you show your bib number upon departure.
Please check MTA Trip Planner for up-to-date and detailed mass transit directions and Google Maps for driving directions. Parking is limited at all of our events, we strongly encourage you to use mass transit.
The standard no-refunds, no-deferrals, no-transfers policy applies, unless you are signed up for the NYCRUNS Membership Program. NYCRUNS members receive a 10% discount, race deferral rights, and other perks. Strollers or dogs are not allowed in NYCRUNS races and you may be disqualified if earbuds or headphones hinder your awareness. You must remain on pace to finish within the time limit in order to receive course support and an official finish time. Please familiarize yourself with our complete policies and rules of competition.
As per the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017, any adult interacting with amateur athletes, defined as a child or minor under the age of 18 that participates in youth running programs or any events hosted or operated by NYCRUNS, has a duty to report a reasonable suspicion of sexual misconduct such as child sex abuse, non-consensual sexual conduct, sexual harassment or intimate relationships involving an imbalance of power within a 24- hour period to local law enforcement by calling the New York State Central Register at 800-635-1522. Participants found to be listed on a sex offender registry, convicted of a sex crime, or caught having, creating, or distributing child pornography will be immediately barred from all NYCRUNS events.