The Cape D. Sprint Triathlon was established in 2012 banking on the beauty of Pacific Americano in Ilwaco, Washington to bring athletes, travelers and philanthropists out to support a great cause.
Peninsula Poverty Response, in partnership with Ilwaco Parks and Recreation and SALT Hotel, invite you to the rural nether of wester Washington where the Columbian River meets the roaring Pacific Ocean. The course will wind you around Black Lake Trails, Cape Disappointment Loop, cranberry bogs, the Port of Ilwaco and Pacific Ocean overlooks for stunning views of our coveted landscape!
Enjoy this event while also participating in providing service to others. Peninsula Poverty Response puts on local events advocating for those in need, such as Project Homeless Connect and Overnight Winter Lodging. PPR also provides resources to people living in poverty year round, provide poverty trainings to the community and partner with local agencies to maximize wrap around support.
You participated, you supported, now how about feasting? Join the event coordinators at SALT Hotel on the Port of Ilwaco for food and refreshments after the triathlon! Here we will present the awards and celebrate another successful year with you, our triathletes.
Looking forward to another great triathlon!
Event details and schedule
- Friday May 18 1:30-3:00pm at the Black Lake Pavilion
- 7:00-9:30 am at the Black Lake Pavilion
- 500 meter Swim (in water start)
- 12 mile Bike including the Cape-D Loop
- 5 km Run (1/2 on the roads of Ilwaco, 1/2 on the trails of Black Lake)
- Registration opens at 7am.
- Coffee and donuts available to participants and families
- Parking is available at New Life Church directly across Hwy 101 from the Transition Area at Black Lake.
What to bring:
- You are responsible for all necessary gear and equipment for the race
- Wetsuits are encouraged
- Please be sure your bike is in sound mechanical condition
- Hydration and nutrition is the responsibility of each individual
What to Wear:
- As stated above Wetsuits are welcomed and encouraged
- Comfortable bike wear
- Adequate footwear for both road and trail running
- It could be cool and/or wet, please consider this in your apparel decision
Please note that unless under extreme conditions, weather will not cancel this event.
Peninsula Poverty Response