Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Holy Hill National Shrine of Mary1525 Carmel Rd Hubertus, WI 53033
NEW: RYAN HALL, FASTEST HALF MARATHON BY AN AMERICAN WILL BE LACING UP TO RUN THE HALF MARATHON AND WILL BE FEATURED SPEAKER AT PASTA DINNER. The Via Dolorosa Marathon takes runners on their own "Way of Suffering" on a very difficult up and down course with somewhat challenging footing at times. The marathon course begins downhill just below the Basilica at Holy Hill parking lot on Carmel Road to Donegal Road. From Donegal, runners travel south to the Loew Lake Ice Age Trail entrance. Beautiful prairie grass trails makes way for treacherous wooded switchbacks taking runners across some of the most beautiful vistas in all of Wisconsin. Mostly grass and leaf covered single track trails, the Ice Age Trail is technically moderate to difficult. Runners arrive at Hwy K Parking Lot coming out of the woods for a brief turnaround and aid station and head back to Donegal where they enter the Holy Hill Ice Trail going north. This becomes increasingly difficult where flat and even footing is scarce. Runners head north up the Ice Age Trail through pine woods, farm fields and an occasional farm road. At the Lepien Dairy Farm, runners return south back to Donegal to Carmel where the finish is a grueling uphill. Throughout the course, there will be 14 Prayer Stations depicting the Way of the Cross for runners to contemplate the suffering of Jesus. Registration is limited to 350 runners so register early to ensure a spot in this soon to be annual event.
- Custom Medals for all finishers
- Custom T-Shirts for all participants.
- $500 Prize for top Men's and Women's Marathon finishers!
- 6:00am Mass prior to Marathon at the Basilica
- Top Finisher awards for age groups/gender (14-17, 18-25, 26-35, 36-45, 46-55, 56-65, 66-75, 76-99)
- Tamales at Finish Line
Super 8, Hartford Wisconsin
Best Western Germantown Inn
AmericInn Hotel and Suites, Hartford
Ottawa Lake State Campground
Jordan House Bed and Breakfast
Holy Hill (holyhill.com) offers simple, overnight accommodations to anyone seeking an opportunity to encounter the Sacred in a place apart from the busy world. Our retreat facilities are housed in two buildings, the “New Guest House” and the “Old Monastery Inn.”About Run Ten Ten Adventures LLC We believe in Jesus' words in John 10:10 that he came to bring life—and “life to the full.” We believe going outside and experiencing God's awesome creation through running, hiking and other adventures is one of the best ways to experience God Himself. We are dedicated to creating events that are physically challenging, spiritually enriching and set apart from the world. The Via Dolorosa Trail Marathon Races at Holy Hill which take place on Saturday, October 31, 2020in Hubertus, Wisconsin along the scenic Ice Age Trail. This epic trail marathon not only is on one of the more technical parts of the Ice Age Trail but will take place on during Palm Sunday weekend to kick off Holy Week.
Event details and schedule
- Packet Pickup begins at 5:30am and ends at 7am
- Early Packet Pickup dates will be announced in the coming months
- Photo ID required for Packet Pickup
- Parking available in Carmel Rd Parking Lot
- Races will begin sharply at 7:30am. 10k Race will begin at 8am.
- Aid Stations around every 4 miles. Runners are encourage to carry their preferred nutrition. There will be some food items at Aid Stations.
- At Hwy Q and Dairy Farm turnarounds, runners will be required to check-in.
- Stations of the Cross Prayer Stations every 2 Miles
- Runners must run with own bottle/s. Aid stations will have water and energy drink. Aid workers will be available to fill runners' bottles but no disposable cups will be used. Ice Age Trail is a beautiful area and we are trying to limit trash
- Runners will have several highway crossings where there will be no traffice control. Be aware
- The Ice Age Trail is well marked with Yellow tags. Website also offers a thorough map by MapMyRun. Marathon officials will mark course well but Please study the course ahead of time and pay attention closely to signage
- Headphones are prohibited in this race.
- NO bikes/pacers allowed on marathon course
- Weather may be unpredictable and course may be icy. Runners are encouraged to monitor weather to make sure their gear is appropriate and ample for running conditions