DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN AT 8:30AM AT THE HOPEDALE BOAT HOUSE
THIS RACE IS NAMED IN HONOR OF LARRY 'LEGEND' OLSEN. LARRY WAS AN OUTSTANDING RUNNER, COACH & FRIEND. HE WON USA TRACK AND FIELD MASTERS NATIONAL RUNNER OF THE YEAR FIVE TIMES, SET SEVERAL US NATIONAL MASTERS RECORDS, WAS AN 8-TIME USATF-NE ROAD GRAND PRIX SERIES MASTER'S CHAMPION, AND HAD THE DISTINCTION OF BEING THE OUTRIGHT WINNER OF RACES IN EACH DECADE OF HIS LIFE FROM HIS TEENS TO AGE 60+. HE WAS A FOUNDER OF THE TRI-VALLEY FRONTRUNNERS RUNNING CLUB & DEDICATED COACH FOR THE HOPEDALE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY TEAM. LARRY OLSEN WAS INDUCTED INTO THE MASTERS USATF HALL OF FAME IN 2014.
Awards - No Duplicates
- Top Male & Female overall will be awarded trophies
- Top 3 medals awarded to Male and Female categories:
14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, & 70+
- T-SHIRTS to all pre-registrations prior to 9/12/16 .
- COURSE ROUTE INCLUDES ~3mi of wide & mostly smooth park trails, remaining distance is on roads. (Larry's typical training route)
- Ample street parking.
- Refreshments for runners and helpers.
- Results to be posted at www.coolrunning.com
- 2015 Results Link and Photos
* Kid's Dash at 11:50am - All entries receive a race bib and finisher's ribbon! $5.00
COURSE RECORDS: Matthew Moran (35:03) 2014 || Heather Mahoney (39:53) 2013.
AGE GROUP RECORDS: See previous year's results & participant photos at www.coolrunning.com
Event details and schedule
- $20 for Pre-Registration. Post registration increases to $25. (19 & under $15), Age 70+ is free (mail-in your registration, sorry no on-line for 70+)
- $5 for Kid's Dash (Race Bibs & Ribbons for Kid's Entries!)
- Registration Opens at 8:30am (located at the Hopedale Pond Boat House)
- Race Starts at 10am
- Awards at 11:30am
- Kids Dash at 11:50am
Tri-Valley Front Runners