Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Hopedale Town ParkCorner of Dutcher Street and Northrop Street Hopedale, MA 01747
THIS RACE IS NAMED IN HONOR OF LARRY 'LEGEND' OLSEN. LARRY WAS AN OUTSTANDING RUNNER, COACH & FRIEND. HE WON USA TRACK AND FIELD MASTERS NATIONAL RUNNER OF THE YEAR FIVE TIMES, SET SEVERAL US NATIONAL MASTERS RECORDS, WAS AN 8-TIME USATF-NE ROAD GRAND PRIX SERIES MASTER'S CHAMPION, AND HAD THE DISTINCTION OF BEING THE OUTRIGHT WINNER OF RACES IN EACH DECADE OF HIS LIFE FROM HIS TEENS TO AGE 60+. HE WAS A FOUNDER OF THE TRI-VALLEY FRONTRUNNERS RUNNING CLUB & DEDICATED COACH FOR THE HOPEDALE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY TEAM. LARRY OLSEN WAS INDUCTED INTO THE MASTERS USATF HALL OF FAME IN 2014.
Awards - No Duplicates
- Top Male & Female overall will be awarded trophies
Top 3 medals awarded to Male and Female categories:
14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, & 70+
- T-SHIRTS to all pre-registrations prior to 9/16/20 .
COURSE ROUTE INCLUDES ~3mi of wide & mostly smooth park trails, remaining distance is on roads. (Larry's typical training route). USATF certified course map. Course preview video courtesy of Rob Liscombe.
- Parking: Ample street parking surrounding start and finish areas.
- Refreshments & Snacks:
- Results to be posted at https://resultscui.active.com/ following the race,
- COURSE RECORDS: Matthew Moran (35:03) 2014 || Heather Mahoney (39:53) 2013
- Kid's Dash at 11:50am - All entries receive a race bib and finisher's ribbon! $5.00
Event details and schedule
- $20 for 10K Pre-Registration.
- 10K Post registration increases to $25.
- 19yrs old & under registration cost is $15,
- Age 70+ is free (mail-in your registration, sorry no on-line for 70+)
- $5 for Kid's Dash (Race Bibs & Ribbons for Kid's Entries!)
- Registration Opens at 8:30am (located at the Hopedale Pond Boat House)
- 10K Race Starts at 10am
- Awards at 11:30am
- Kids Dash at 11:50am